Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: WCS: Source time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hoocha,

While a significant part of our playerbase is slowly migrating to Source, a question we have to ask ourselves rises: wouldn't it be fun to migrate too?

Nipper has quit mapping for 1.6 and all his new maps will be for Source. Source has fun physics, cool gfx and it will be something new. WCS had a great time. There even was a time it belonged to the most popular 1.6 servers. We had great laughs and great evenings, but I think we need to move on. New models, new maps and plugins will all be made for Source. All new purchases of CS'ers are with Source in mind. I think it would be a hell of a fun ride to migrate to Source and see what our chances are there, because let's face it: WCS had it's time. It will never have as much players as it had back in the 1.6 days. Maybe my vision on this is not entirely un-biased, so of course we care about your input about this. Please do elaborate your votes.

I am aware of the fact that there are still more 1.6 players than Source players, but it is clear the servers formula got a bit old, and we could try moving to other terrains to let the server re-gain the popularity it deserves.

Kind rawrs,
DT
Perhaps you're right, WCS hasn't been as popular as it used to be...so I say give it a shot.
I think our popularity problems were more from losing fame after however many months of inactivity than the 1.6 to Source shift. We still don't have many people on at night, so we lost most of our European crowd, but we've had a nearly full to a full server at the high points almost every day the past week.
Yes! Let's have something new:)
Change is good!
For once I actually think we should go to source. It'll take a while for the server to repopulate there, like always, but we still do have a lot of 1.6 fans. During peak times (after school friday-sunday), the server is normally near full, but it's just not as popular as it used to be.
I would feel bad about taking it away from all the people who dont have source, but I think this could be really cool.

We should give it a shot.
thumbs up for wcs source:lol:
change is good thats why i watch your mother change everynight before i killed her.
Krayz,Dec 10 2005, 07:26 PM Wrote:change is good thats why i watch your mother change everynight before i killed her.
I think we can already start composing a banlist for WCS:Source.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's