Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: WCS: Source time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am for this banlist you so speak of.
lol:Pi play bf2 mostly neways, steam lays dormant on my pc
Since the last downtime my ping is 120+, so I rarely play on it. (I'm addicted to <20 pings now) I voted for 1.6, but I dont think 'we' will win the vote, too bad. But we also have a NS server right? Cant we make that a 1.6 WCS+hook and the NY WCS a source? That would be nice. Btw.. Anyone got a spare steam account with source which I can lend or something?
*noobish,Dec 10 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:But we also have a NS server right? Cant we make that a 1.6 WCS+hook and the NY WCS a source? That would be nice.
I did NOT think of that. Considering the NS server is never used, that might actually be a good idea. We'd have to have some notice in the server so people will know prior to the change, however.

Noobish Wrote:Btw.. Anyone got a spare steam account with source which I can lend or something?
It's borrow* and I doubt you'll get anyone to let you borrow one, not exactly the cheapest thing in the world. :/
I have an extra if i can find the e-mail and password.
If u can find it it would be very nice/kind..:oU can get it back whenever u want! Maybe Im addicted by then and I buy the game myself. Btw.. Is there going to be hook on WCS:Source?
Womb-Raider,Dec 11 2005, 03:47 AM Wrote:I have an extra if i can find the e-mail and password.
Don't trust him, he couldn't even find me a SC CD key!
I know I'm far from alone when I say the reason I first came to WCS was because it offered something the gazillion other servers didn't. Hook and custom maps. That's the main reason WCS grew to be so popular. People get tired of the same repetitive stuff over & over and WCS offered something new for the average player.

If WCS:S has hook and custom maps, I'm for atleast giving it a try and seeing how it works out. Without those two elements though, it's just going to get lost in the shuffle.

A quick note on nipper maps.. I'm not for sticking strickly to nipper maps. He's made fun maps but there are tons of other custom maps that are just as much, if not more fun to play. I constantly see people trying to nominate and/or requesting we install other non-nipper maps so I only see benefit in not limiting ourselves to nipper-only. I know there's been the issue of fast-server DL'ing but realistically, most people already have other custom maps anyways. How would they know other map names to nominate and why would they nominate them if they hadn't played them before and didn't like them?

That's my $.02!
The Senate,Dec 11 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:I know I'm far from alone when I say the reason I first came to WCS was because it offered something the gazillion other servers didn't. Hook and custom maps. That's the main reason WCS grew to be so popular. People get tired of the same repetitive stuff over & over and WCS offered something new for the average player.

If WCS:S has hook and custom maps, I'm for atleast giving it a try and seeing how it works out. Without those two elements though, it's just going to get lost in the shuffle.

A quick note on nipper maps.. I'm not for sticking strickly to nipper maps. He's made fun maps but there are tons of other custom maps that are just as much, if not more fun to play. I constantly see people trying to nominate and/or requesting we install other non-nipper maps so I only see benefit in not limiting ourselves to nipper-only. I know there's been the issue of fast-server DL'ing but realistically, most people already have other custom maps anyways. How would they know other map names to nominate and why would they nominate them if they hadn't played them before and didn't like them?

That's my $.02!
Throw on the rats and mice maps!
Fuck rats.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's