Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Poll: If you had no use of your left hand, and doctors said you have about a 0% chance to get use back, would you have it cut off for $43,500?
Hell yes $$$
Hell no
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you?
09-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Would you?
Underdog,Sep 3 2009, 09:15 AM Wrote:Ok I guess I should explain more...

The $43,500 is from my life insurance, part of an accidental dismemberment policy, so it's not like they're buying my hand, it's just not covered under insurance unless it's removed, even though I don't have use of it.

And doctors said I wouldn't be able to use a prosthetic because of the extensive nerve damage. I soooo wish I could have a luke skywalker hand.... I'm also leaning towards keeping the hand now because, call it corny if you want, but if I ever get married someday, I'd at least like to have the proper finger to put my ring on. I guess I could always wear it on my right hand...

And SV, carlsbad is like 20-30 min from my house I think. Not too far. And yes fucker, you still owe me dinner. <3
Sue the life insurance company for not giving you the $43k for a non-working hand. <.<

Also, good man! Keep that hand!

"You know I fuck at life." - Pirate
[20:57:27] <pir8`buddha> i need to wank it tonight
[20:57:40] <pir8`buddha> and by 'it' i mean my penis
[20:57:47] <pir8`buddha> and by 'wank' i mean masturbate
[20:58:00] <pir8`buddha> and by 'tonight' i mean im typing with one hand
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Would you?
Underdog,Sep 3 2009, 09:15 AM Wrote:Ok I guess I should explain more...

The $43,500 is from my life insurance, part of an accidental dismemberment policy, so it's not like they're buying my hand, it's just not covered under insurance unless it's removed, even though I don't have use of it.

And doctors said I wouldn't be able to use a prosthetic because of the extensive nerve damage. I soooo wish I could have a luke skywalker hand.... I'm also leaning towards keeping the hand now because, call it corny if you want, but if I ever get married someday, I'd at least like to have the proper finger to put my ring on. I guess I could always wear it on my right hand...

And SV, carlsbad is like 20-30 min from my house I think. Not too far. And yes fucker, you still owe me dinner. <3
Well in that case, I'd keep it. The ring thing is important to some people. I can understand that.

And yeah yeah yeah. I know. We're planning on coming into San Diego anyway, for at least a day if not two. So we'll figure something out. You still have the same phone number?

[Image: wroawbar.jpg]
Quote:[18:58] <@slxbot> SniperducK`: Stephen - Greek in origin, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen is just about the coolest male name. Whether it's prnounced 'Stef-an' or 'Steve-en' doesn't matter, it's just awesome. Steph and Stevie are also the coolest nicknames.
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Would you?
If you do get it taken off, can you get it stuffed and put on your mantle, if not then fuck them! /lolhumor!

[Image: 00034133.gif]
09-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Would you?
The only way I'd consider having it removed is if it could be transplanted and improve someone elses quality-of-life. Otherwise, I don't think I could do it. I recently saw a show where this dude had a chip put into his brain and had wires hooked up to his hand. Same situation where he was paralyzed, except with this new technology he was able to move his hand with his thoughts. Crazy stuff man, but makes you optimistic about the future.

I gotta give you much respect bro. You've held together pretty well considering what you've been through and it's inspiring. I'm not sure I could say the same about myself were it me. :unsure:

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> i think im officially a geek.
<Stephen> im laying in my bathtub
<Stephen> right now
<Stephen> with my laptop :-D
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Would you?
The Senate,Sep 4 2009, 02:39 PM Wrote:The only way I'd consider having it removed is if it could be transplanted and improve someone elses quality-of-life. Otherwise, I don't think I could do it. I recently saw a show where this dude had a chip put into his brain and had wires hooked up to his hand. Same situation where he was paralyzed, except with this new technology he was able to move his hand with his thoughts. Crazy stuff man, but makes you optimistic about the future.

I gotta give you much respect bro. You've held together pretty well considering what you've been through and it's inspiring. I'm not sure I could say the same about myself were it me. :unsure:
ya history channel ran a whole show on that shit was crazy

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
09-06-2009, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2009 01:20 AM by Plot.)
Would you?
I don't think I could really make an honest judgement unless it were actually me in the situation. Do whatever you think you should do.

edit: Don't let anyone pressure you into doing anything. Take your time and make the decision that you want for yourself.

[19:07:16] <coca> lolbeans
[19:07:39] <coca> i planted some lolbeans and grew a lollertree

[21:13:27] <Dwoppers> WATZ WIF THE POEM OR W/E
[21:13:34] <Dwoppers> lol, bet its gnona be all gay andp ink and stuff
[21:13:39] <plot> like your room>
[21:13:42] <coca> ur face is gay and pink
[21:13:55] <coca> little cockmagician
[21:14:33] <coca> a good cockmagician never chokes on the same dick twice

[15:48] <SirTiger> Groovy-oh

[23:52] <}8]> dwop made two aim's and cybered himself

[21:57] <Doomz`lap> My parents liekep drinking me margriats
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> I sear