Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Would you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm faced with a decision!! But I have lots of time to decide.
to be quite honest I wouldn't. you never know what kind of radical technology could become available. and who knows...sometimes miracles happen. damn dude i thought about this for 10 minutes before i came to this decision. this has to be incredibly hard.
[quote=Underdog,Sep 2 2009, 12:22 PM]I'm faced with a decision!!
Not really a hell yes $$$ answer. But I said yes. If you're not getting use of it back, I'd want it out of the way I think.

I'm assuming they'll be using it for research or something. Is it possible to attach it to someone else's arm? :blink:

Either way, if it was benefiting science/someone else in some way, I'd do it. It's not doing me any good now...

*edit*

Luke, I'll be in Carlsbad for my honeymoon....I know it's not far from San Diego, but how far is that from you? Are you still in San Diego? I still owe you dinner...
Depends on if you get some cool luke skywalker hand in return for your loss. Prostetics are pretty kick ass these days they even have some that are controlled by your mind.
I realize that eventually their will be a way too "un-paralyze" parts of the body, possibly the whole body.

But that statement aside, do the doctors insist you do it because it is healthier for you and your body? If so, then yes I would.
ya if its going to be a burden on your overall health then definitely off with it.
I probably wouldn't go through with it, even if it didn't work.
It's just not something I would do, it would be really wierd.

I'd go with No.
Well think about it. Right now your left hand doesnt work and if the doctors say that there is a 0% chance to get it back again I honestly would try to get a Prostetic one if possible. With the technology now.
Ok I guess I should explain more...

The $43,500 is from my life insurance, part of an accidental dismemberment policy, so it's not like they're buying my hand, it's just not covered under insurance unless it's removed, even though I don't have use of it.

And doctors said I wouldn't be able to use a prosthetic because of the extensive nerve damage. I soooo wish I could have a luke skywalker hand.... I'm also leaning towards keeping the hand now because, call it corny if you want, but if I ever get married someday, I'd at least like to have the proper finger to put my ring on. I guess I could always wear it on my right hand...

And SV, carlsbad is like 20-30 min from my house I think. Not too far. And yes fucker, you still owe me dinner. <3
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's