Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TF2
10-16-2007, 10:48 AM
TF2
Dum3z,Oct 15 2007, 01:15 AM Wrote:Not worth it.:P
:oit was only $44 on pre-order... and i didn't own any of the hl2 stuff (except css)

so it was hl2, hl2:ep1 and ep2, portal, and tf2 for $44

deals and steals my friends

[Image: userbar323142zu7.gif]
aka witebuddha, piratebuddha, pumpbuddha, sepukku_master, skeezix, lockless, DragShot

[18:51:08] <Dwoppers> i just googled cock ring
[18:51:09] <Dwoppers> and wtf...

Womb-Raider,Oct 16 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:I would like to be the first to mention, your a fucked up guy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2007, 11:09 AM
TF2
for those of us that own half that its not worth it. But its more expensive to buy tf2 and hl2 ep 2 singly than in the package that includes shit i've already got :/ kind of annoying.

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
Find all posts by this user
10-16-2007, 02:15 PM
TF2
On steam you can get it for 30. I'm considering to buy it since I was a fan of TF and all. I am way under budget and I've been looking for ways to blow some money.
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
TF2
my friend said if you already own hl2, and the other stuff, you can transfer it to another account, while keeping tf2 and portal on your main account. Its pretty gay its all packaged, but at least you're not wasting your money.

[Image: sleepysheepcopy.jpg]
10-16-2007, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2007 11:18 PM by piratebuddha.)
TF2
Womb-Raider,Oct 15 2007, 08:09 PM Wrote:for those of us that own half that its not worth it. But its more expensive to buy tf2 and hl2 ep 2 singly than in the package that includes shit i've already got :/ kind of annoying.
the idea is that tf2 needs a few aspects from hl2:ep2 to run (i believe)...so its easier to bundle them together... they also wanted to push a conceptual game (portal) out there which i already mentioned...

the bundle of all the games is to appeal to people who haven't played the actual hl2 series...

i wanted to play it, but it got away from me and i never had the money... the continuing episodes looked good, but i was going to have to start all over to get the full feel...

the idea is that they want more people to buy the final installment of the half life series than who originally bought hl2... but who wants to buy a final installment of a heavily story based game? they could really only count on the people that played through them all...

so they basically put portal, hl2 and hl2:ep1 out there for free... the price of orange box comes from tf2 and ep2... everything else is basically free...

in doing so they picked up a bunch of people who didn't play through hl2 originally and now have the opportunity to... adding to the market of people they know will want to play the next parts of the series...

the idea of the black box... which was just the new material... was a bit self defeating... they wanted was to push hl2 into the hands of people who didn't want to or couldn't afford to play it... everyone else who overlapped didn't really care because it was still a good deal if you wanted tf2 and ep2 (and portal since its popularity)...

its hard to grasp for some, but it was really a good move on their part.

tf2 will be popular for quite some time... they have more people who are interested in following the hl2 story... and they can expand on portal, maybe even releasing a portal 2 that is longer and has way more puzzles...

[Image: userbar323142zu7.gif]
aka witebuddha, piratebuddha, pumpbuddha, sepukku_master, skeezix, lockless, DragShot

[18:51:08] <Dwoppers> i just googled cock ring
[18:51:09] <Dwoppers> and wtf...

Womb-Raider,Oct 16 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:I would like to be the first to mention, your a fucked up guy.
10-17-2007, 12:18 PM
TF2
i didn't read most of that but i understand the idea and the point of buddling it all but i still dont like that they left the rest of us out:(

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
Find all posts by this user
10-17-2007, 12:29 PM
TF2
Womb-Raider,Oct 16 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:i didn't read most of that but i understand the idea and the point of buddling it all but i still dont like that they left the rest of us out:(
er. basically ep2, portal, and tf2 more than make up the $50 price tag. hl2 and hlep1 is really just there to make it more enticing and allow new people to have incentive to buy it too. basically no one new would play ep2 if they never played hl2 and ep1, it would ruin the storyline.

and if you already own hl2 and ep1 you can gift them to other steam accounts.

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
TF2
So what's everyones favorite class for TF2? I'm really enjoying the pyro with the nice flamethrower effects, it's my favorite for maps with lots of corners and places to sneak up on people for close range stuff. On those bigger maps with wide open spaces I'll normally go medic and that invincible crap is good stuff, too bad people don't know how to take full advantage of it. Using it on a heavy is such a waste too. I hate people that don't rush when I use it on them, pussies.:angry:

Pyro with invincible > all. He doesn't have to reload, he's a hell of a lot faster than a heavy, and it's total destruction to anything in the path.:ph34r:
10-19-2007, 12:02 AM
TF2
i love pyro too, but i only go it w/ a medic. else im either sniper/soldier/spy. i go engineer on dustbowl or gravelpit occasionally too. medics when i feel like helping the team. scout for fun.... heavy for fun...

demoman is really the only class i suck with but i use because i want to do good. its the only class i havent scored over 10 pts before dying... im stuck at 9 T.T

and if ur a soldier u can own invicible pyros by just shooting them so they pop in the air n run =P

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
10-19-2007, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2007 08:21 AM by Plot.)
TF2
a hobbit,Oct 18 2007, 09:02 AM Wrote:i love pyro too, but i only go it w/ a medic. else im either sniper/soldier/spy. i go engineer on dustbowl or gravelpit occasionally too. medics when i feel like helping the team. scout for fun.... heavy for fun...

demoman is really the only class i suck with but i use because i want to do good. its the only class i havent scored over 10 pts before dying... im stuck at 9 T.T

and if ur a soldier u can own invicible pyros by just shooting them so they pop in the air n run =P
demoman on defense, offense, everything.

edit: btw they need to fix tf2 imo. the invincibility either needs to be reduced in time or they need to prevent medic from getting uber through self inflicted damage. enigneer's sentries should be nerfed a tad, so that they can actually be killed, soldier seems to both take way too much damage, and deal too much (through crit rockets that are shot at least once every 4 missles, usually 2-3 times). pyro's fire ammo should last longer, its pretty much depleted in 1-2 confrontations, should be able to last another fight at least. for some reason spies dont take damage half the time.

some of these arent as important, the most important are the soldier and the ubercharge - something needs to be done about that.

SPOILER:

i either read in an interview or watched in a video interview or review that portal was to be incorporated into the hl2 story. for those of you who have played through all of hl2 ep 2, i think that the portal shit is found on borealas, the ship. on the screen at the end before eli dies you see the aperture science bins while he is talking to you about borealas. i think the computer is found on borealas, and maybe the female character from portal as well ( her body at least ), but maybe her alive, because the song at the end of portal refers to the character in the future tense, so idk. that i s all.

[19:07:16] <coca> lolbeans
[19:07:39] <coca> i planted some lolbeans and grew a lollertree

[21:13:27] <Dwoppers> WATZ WIF THE POEM OR W/E
[21:13:34] <Dwoppers> lol, bet its gnona be all gay andp ink and stuff
[21:13:39] <plot> like your room>
[21:13:42] <coca> ur face is gay and pink
[21:13:55] <coca> little cockmagician
[21:14:33] <coca> a good cockmagician never chokes on the same dick twice

[15:48] <SirTiger> Groovy-oh

[23:52] <}8]> dwop made two aim's and cybered himself

[21:57] <Doomz`lap> My parents liekep drinking me margriats
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> I sear