Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i hate my psu
10-04-2006, 10:07 PM
i hate my psu
so a bit ago i got my new motherboard and cpu, and after installing it all up (to make my new GPU work properly) I believe I blew out my power supply. Now I'm sitting here waiting till the weekend when my friend will pickup a power supply for me.

I hope that's the only problem.

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2006, 11:00 PM
i hate my psu
Yep, those are no fun. I have a spare or two sitting around just in case lol. What were your symptoms?

[Image: wroawbar.jpg]
Quote:[18:58] <@slxbot> SniperducK`: Stephen - Greek in origin, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen is just about the coolest male name. Whether it's prnounced 'Stef-an' or 'Steve-en' doesn't matter, it's just awesome. Steph and Stevie are also the coolest nicknames.
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2006, 11:34 PM
i hate my psu
750W ftw.

[Image: 4uaukx3.gif]
[00:05] <Blix`> does your mother know you're gay?
[00:05] <SirVeach> no she does not.

[00:04] <Blix`> you've finally come to accept that you're gay
[00:04] <SirVeach> no i have not
[00:04] <SirVeach> i shall never accept it!
10-05-2006, 02:12 AM
i hate my psu
christ... well... hope you didnt take the mobo with it..

generally when the power supply goes theres a good chance it took anything connected to it with it... pick up a power supply tester next time... they are like $5 ... even cheaper online.

[Image: userbar323142zu7.gif]
aka witebuddha, piratebuddha, pumpbuddha, sepukku_master, skeezix, lockless, DragShot

[18:51:08] <Dwoppers> i just googled cock ring
[18:51:09] <Dwoppers> and wtf...

Womb-Raider,Oct 16 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:I would like to be the first to mention, your a fucked up guy.
10-05-2006, 02:19 AM
i hate my psu
piratebuddha,Oct 4 2006, 11:12 AM Wrote:christ... well... hope you didnt take the mobo with it..

generally when the power supply goes theres a good chance it took anything connected to it with it... pick up a power supply tester next time... they are like $5 ... even cheaper online.
Eh, I just take the PSU out, and jump the two pins on the mobo connector to turn it on...then I hook up a fan to it to see if it starts. If it does, then I'll grab my digital multimeter and check voltages to see if its putting out 12, 5, and 3.3 volts.

Quote:[18:58] <@slxbot> SniperducK`: Stephen - Greek in origin, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen is just about the coolest male name. Whether it's prnounced 'Stef-an' or 'Steve-en' doesn't matter, it's just awesome. Steph and Stevie are also the coolest nicknames.
10-05-2006, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2006 08:53 AM by a hobbit.)
i hate my psu
unfortunately i dont have that stuff but i wish i did. and that i knew wat to do. sigh

and why 12v,5v and 3.3v?

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
10-05-2006, 11:50 AM
i hate my psu
Those are the voltages the different wires should have. You also wanna check wattages as well, but that requires the psu to be under load, such as a motherboard, vid card, etc.

10-05-2006, 05:42 PM
i hate my psu
I hate yuo myg0t!

Speed:9 KB/s (Goes down between 3-5 times a day,between 1-2 hours each time)
Mood: Homicidal
10-06-2006, 01:51 AM
i hate my psu
Bahamut,Oct 5 2006, 07:42 AM Wrote:I hate yuo myg0t!
?!

[Image: userbar323142zu7.gif]
aka witebuddha, piratebuddha, pumpbuddha, sepukku_master, skeezix, lockless, DragShot

[18:51:08] <Dwoppers> i just googled cock ring
[18:51:09] <Dwoppers> and wtf...

Womb-Raider,Oct 16 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:I would like to be the first to mention, your a fucked up guy.
10-06-2006, 02:18 AM
i hate my psu
Bahamut,Oct 5 2006, 07:42 AM Wrote:I hate yuo myg0t!
OHMYG0T!

Dwoppers says:
hands in ur pantz
•๋● Coca | <3 Elaine says:
o
lol
get ur hands out my pants
Dwoppers says:
wat
Dwoppers says: