Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: i hate my psu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so a bit ago i got my new motherboard and cpu, and after installing it all up (to make my new GPU work properly) I believe I blew out my power supply. Now I'm sitting here waiting till the weekend when my friend will pickup a power supply for me.

I hope that's the only problem.
Yep, those are no fun. I have a spare or two sitting around just in case lol. What were your symptoms?
750W ftw.
christ... well... hope you didnt take the mobo with it..

generally when the power supply goes theres a good chance it took anything connected to it with it... pick up a power supply tester next time... they are like $5 ... even cheaper online.
piratebuddha,Oct 4 2006, 11:12 AM Wrote:christ... well... hope you didnt take the mobo with it..

generally when the power supply goes theres a good chance it took anything connected to it with it... pick up a power supply tester next time... they are like $5 ... even cheaper online.
Eh, I just take the PSU out, and jump the two pins on the mobo connector to turn it on...then I hook up a fan to it to see if it starts. If it does, then I'll grab my digital multimeter and check voltages to see if its putting out 12, 5, and 3.3 volts.
unfortunately i dont have that stuff but i wish i did. and that i knew wat to do. sigh

and why 12v,5v and 3.3v?
Those are the voltages the different wires should have. You also wanna check wattages as well, but that requires the psu to be under load, such as a motherboard, vid card, etc.
I hate yuo myg0t!
Bahamut,Oct 5 2006, 07:42 AM Wrote:I hate yuo myg0t!
?!
Bahamut,Oct 5 2006, 07:42 AM Wrote:I hate yuo myg0t!
OHMYG0T!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's