Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: A7 Airplanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
TheCheat,May 7 2005, 11:57 PM Wrote:but force/area is pressure, given in Pascals. :o N/m^2

And I thought I was using the SI (international system), which I would assume physics courses would use all over the world.
Well that also doesn't help the fact that there are a lot of overlapping symbols... Like Work, Weight, and Watts, for example.
what dum3z said.

and cheat: that would theoretically mean E=P:Plol
there are no overlapping symbols in SI. There is no W for weight in SI, it's merely F(subscript g) = mg. Watts and work are different things. Work is the concept, joules are the units behind that concept. Watts are units of power, the concept.

Just like C for coulombs as a unit for charge and C for the concept of capacitance.
TheCheat,May 8 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:there are no overlapping symbols in SI. There is no W for weight in SI, it's merely F(subscript g) = mg. Watts and work are different things. Work is the concept, joules are the units behind that concept. Watts are units of power, the concept.

Just like C for coulombs as a unit for charge and C for the concept of capacitance.
Ehhh, guess our teacher prefers W to Fg.

But still, watts and work are overlapping. They may be different but they still have the same letter to symbolize them...aka overlap.
....and DONUTS IS BACK!!! YAY
nerds.<_<
t3h_l33t_p3ngu1n,May 9 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:nerds.<_<
To Penguin & Jack:

Little kids.<_<
Duckeh made this topic to confuse people about wtf was A7 about and why are we talking about it.

This topic was half sucessful. It confuses people, but not about A7 planes.
It's not confusing to people who know what they're talking about. :P

Dum3z, you misunderstand me. Sure, they have the same abbreviation, but they can easily be distinguished. For instance:

You ask "how much work (W) does it take to lift a 1kg weight 1 meter." You give the answer in joules (J).

You ask "how much power (P) does it take to light a light bulb." You give the answer in watts (W). See where the W is used? There is no overlap where a letter is given to represent two different units or two different concepts. Except p and P, but that's uppercase and lowercase.

And that AP physics test was decently easy, though it's probably very easy not to get a 5.
But for the ten year olds here, it sure does confuse them. I didn't bother reading all of it because all I saw were letters which means math which means work which means I'm out of here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's