Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Fan Failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Something is wrong with my computer or video card but I'm clueless about what to do. Whenever I turn on my computer it makes 2 beeping sounds. The first thing that comes up is a black screen saying "Alert! Previous fan failure!". I then have to press F1 for it to turn on all the way. I'm almost sure this error is the reason my performance goes to shit after about 30 minutes of game play. Whenever I restart it, the pattern repeats (30 minutes of good performance). I've dealt with this for a while now, but I found out how well my brother's video card (my old one that I gave to him) is holding up. His fps never goes below 100 however long he plays CS. Mine slowly continues to drop the longer I play. He has an AGP Geforce FX 5500 (about 50$) and mine is an AGP Geforce 7800 GS OC (bought 350$) and we both have the same type of DELL computer. Right now his video card works better than mine...but it doesn't have any errors. If you know anything about video cards or computers please tell me what you think I should do to fix this problem. ...And yes my brother is Calik.
Welcome to why I got rid of my 7900 GT and bought an ATI card.

If I remember correctly and what you described is the same problem as the 7900GT, one of the chips in the card on your 7800 GS melted basically. I've heard a lot of the 7000 series had this same problem.

What I am saying is your card is borked. Who remembers when we scrimmed and I'd always say "brb i need to restart my fps is fuxed right now".
Thankfully the box says I have a lifetime warranty on it...whatever that may mean.
=\, im having problems with my usb drives. they keep turning off for like 10 seconds then comming back on, so my mouse keeps freezing and keyboard its pretty gay. i called hp and they thought i had too many programs running so they turn some off restart the computer and it got worse >_>
Sounds like a minor heat issue. If it was major you would run for about 10 seconds and the computer would shut down. The 7000 series creates a shitload of heat of which their fans struggle to disperse. More than likely you played something pretty hard, or were doing video editing, and you fried a capictor or a non-important chip of some sort. I would look into that warranty try to get a new card and then look into a better VGA fan. IF you have enough room in your case, be sure to measure, this is a good VGA fan: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...82728&CatId=498
Pker,Sep 16 2007, 06:56 AM Wrote:Thankfully the box says I have a lifetime warranty on it...whatever that may mean.
just don't die! ..or you won't get a free replacement!
It means you're fucked, trade in video card, watch the new one burn up, and repeat until Nvidia finally says "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" and stops sending them.
take side of case off, insert large window fan (box fans preffered cuz they're easy to balance and go o the ground:D) All heat issues removed:)Aside from that call that 1800ineedhelpzplz number and tell them your issue. Odds are your gonna be without a video card for a few weeks.
Womb-Raider,Sep 16 2007, 06:48 PM Wrote:take side of case off, insert large window fan (box fans preffered cuz they're easy to balance and go o the ground:D) All heat issues removed:)Aside from that call that 1800ineedhelpzplz number and tell them your issue. Odds are your gonna be without a video card for a few weeks.
Sounds good! but I'm a computer nub. What is a window fan and where can I get one?
Here's what you should do. Send it back and get a new one. Sell it for monies and buy a different card.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's