Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Fan Failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You don't need to listen to me, I only experienced the exact same problem and I have only read a lot about the 7000 series and the same problem many of them share. I mean don't even bother to google it, because I'm wrong and all the forums that I have gone through are wrong too. Go get a new fan and keep your same video card by all means.
Biggs,Sep 17 2007, 01:13 AM Wrote:You don't need to listen to me, I only experienced the exact same problem and I have only read a lot about the 7000 series and the same problem many of them share. I mean don't even bother to google it, because I'm wrong and all the forums that I have gone through are wrong too. Go get a new fan and keep your same video card by all means.
Bahahahah.

<3 Biggs

I just want to point out I never said the vid card is ok, I'm just trying to prevent this problem from happening again in the future.

Oh and Biggs, even you know it's possible that it's just an overheating problem...it's just not likely because of all the people that have had this other problem.

Just sayin' :ph34r:
Find a box fan...find a window A/C unit...crank the A/C in your house to where you're in a constant state of sub 60°F. Put the window A/C unit in your window. Crank the A/C in your room ALL the way up. Now, open your computer up and stick the box fan next to it and put it on full blast. Get a different video card. Enjoy.
Biggs,Sep 17 2007, 06:13 AM Wrote:You don't need to listen to me, I only experienced the exact same problem and I have only read a lot about the 7000 series and the same problem many of them share. I mean don't even bother to google it, because I'm wrong and all the forums that I have gone through are wrong too. Go get a new fan and keep your same video card by all means.
When I open my computer and look at the video card, what should I see wrong with it? Was the melting problem on yours visible? I've been browsing forums about it and I'm seeing a lot of temperature problems as well as what you said, so I'm still not exactly sure. I'd like to believe it's just a heating problem because that sounds the easiest to fix.
It is a heating problem, and I suppose you can use a window fan to see if it works, but you will need a new one. It's not visible though, I remember seeing a picture of one where the guy actually opened one up and showed the piece that burnt out.

I like my ATI card though with a gigantic fan attached to it so it takes up two slots.

[Image: 14-161-039-09.jpg]
Sexy.
Damn, that does look sexy. I hope there are still some ATI cards out there to fit my AGP 4x/8x slot.
Biggs,Sep 17 2007, 06:21 PM Wrote:It is a heating problem, and I suppose you can use a window fan to see if it works, but you will need a new one. It's not visible though, I remember seeing a picture of one where the guy actually opened one up and showed the piece that burnt out.

I like my ATI card though with a gigantic fan attached to it so it takes up two slots.

[Image: 14-161-039-09.jpg]
Sexy.
[Image: GTS_Full.sized.jpg]

go 4 one like i have, the 8800gts with 600mhz core clock, its not 2 expensive considering hte other 8800 gpu's
Not too expensive if your parents pay for it or you're Senate.:P
Dum3z,Sep 17 2007, 08:01 PM Wrote:Not too expensive if your parents pay for it or you're Senate.:P
>:( i paid 4 it myself...it was 399 instead of around 799 4 the ultra
suxa,Sep 17 2007, 07:34 PM Wrote:
Dum3z,Sep 17 2007, 08:01 PM Wrote:Not too expensive if your parents pay for it or you're Senate.:P
>:( i paid 4 it myself...it was 399 instead of around 799 4 the ultra
$400 for a video card....
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's