Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xbox 360 live features!
08-09-2005, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2005 05:45 PM by Entropy.)
Xbox 360 live features!
So I found this article that lists a plethora of new XBlive "features". My personal favorite:

Micro-transactions. Breaking down barriers of small-ticket online commerce, micro-transactions will allow developers and the gaming community to charge as little as they like for content they create and publish on Marketplace.

And the money shot:
Imagine players slapping down $.99 to buy a one-of-a-kind, fully tricked-out racing car to be the envy of their buddies.

Wow. Imagine players "slapping down" 99 cents to buy an intangable racing car. Wait, it gets better! You aren't buying an ordinary racing car... this piece of shit is fully tricked-out. Just wait until you show your "buddies", they are totally going to rip a boner on first sight. And heres the clincher, its one-of-a-kind!!

It hurts my brain when I try to "imagine" the type of jackass that would participate in such lame shit. One-of-a-kind? It means nothing. A four year old could use his own fecal matter as finger-paint on a wall, and his art would be considered "one-of-a-kind".

And when you think the shit couldn't possibly be stacked any higher, they frost the shit-stack with this:
"360 will be more about Bruce Lee than brute force."
Huh? Is this asshole trying to make a reference to those awful X-Box games? Because quite frankly, Bruce Lee and Brute Force were both terrible. I hope "360" has nothing to do with either of them, because they simply sucked too much ass.

Rockstar Games, has stated that it will offer a downloadable patch to fix the sex issue in the PC versions of GTAConfusedA, and is working on a new version of the game that will prevent this content from being unlocked in the future.

Thank God. I'll be the first person to download and patch my PC version of "Grand Theft Auto." I want to shoot people in the face, bang prostitutes, traffic drugs, steal cars, and terrorize police officers without this filthy smut in my game.
[Image: wroawsig.gif]
[Image: meister.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Xbox 360 live features!
In my opinion Xbox is a crappy copy of a pc as a gaming console...
PS all the way!

Speed:9 KB/s (Goes down between 3-5 times a day,between 1-2 hours each time)
Mood: Homicidal
08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Xbox 360 live features!
Xbox 360 will be superior.

[Image: 4uaukx3.gif]
[00:05] <Blix`> does your mother know you're gay?
[00:05] <SirVeach> no she does not.

[00:04] <Blix`> you've finally come to accept that you're gay
[00:04] <SirVeach> no i have not
[00:04] <SirVeach> i shall never accept it!
08-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Xbox 360 live features!
im gettin both

[Image: 583c486697570cdd3999b9ddeab585cf.gif]
08-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Xbox 360 live features!
Blizzard,Aug 9 2005, 01:11 PM Wrote:Xbox 360 will be superior.
and whys that then?

knock knock?
who's there?
well its me (sorry)
08-10-2005, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2005 05:41 AM by t3h_l33t_p3ngu1n.)
Xbox 360 live features!
PS3 is going to most likely own Xbox in the hardware department. But i bettcha that xbox will have better software.

but yes im getting both

1337 at last. 1337 at last. Thank god almighty, I am 1337 at last.

-Schietluis
08-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Xbox 360 live features!
t3h_l33t_p3ngu1n,Aug 9 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:
PS3 is going to most likely own Xbox in the hardware department. But i bettcha that xbox will have better software.

but yes im getting both
The hardware is the only part that won't be biased, so whichever has better hardware is the "superior" console. The games aren't even made by the companies that make the consoles, are they?

"You know I fuck at life." - Pirate
[20:57:27] <pir8`buddha> i need to wank it tonight
[20:57:40] <pir8`buddha> and by 'it' i mean my penis
[20:57:47] <pir8`buddha> and by 'wank' i mean masturbate
[20:58:00] <pir8`buddha> and by 'tonight' i mean im typing with one hand
08-10-2005, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2005 07:57 AM by Entropy.)
Xbox 360 live features!
No, but they are licensed by the company, which is where they make their money.

Basically, you lose money from selling consoles. This has always been true, with one exception. A company sells its console for less than it costs to make one, in hopes to make money back through royalties and licensing fees.

The only exception to this is the PS2. Most other consoles have 3rd party hardware (nintendo has almost always used motorola chips, and with the gamecube they had an ATI video chip. the xbox itself <i>was</i> borrowed hardware). Sony produced nearly every single little piece of circuitry in the PS2, which is why they made a SHITLOAD of money off of the ps2. Profit margins from console sales alone were immense.

But, with the upcoming Xbox 360 and PS3, most of the profits are going to come from video game licensing/royalties. I find it hard to believe that it costs 400-600$ to make a PS3. The PC equivalent of the PS3s video card goes for the same price :-/

Anyways, I don't understand why everyone argues over which is better (not just in the hardware department). Its retarded. Plain and simple.
"My PS3 is better than your Xbox 360!" sounds all-to-similar to "I bet my dad can beat up your dad!"

Until next time folks.

Rockstar Games, has stated that it will offer a downloadable patch to fix the sex issue in the PC versions of GTAConfusedA, and is working on a new version of the game that will prevent this content from being unlocked in the future.

Thank God. I'll be the first person to download and patch my PC version of "Grand Theft Auto." I want to shoot people in the face, bang prostitutes, traffic drugs, steal cars, and terrorize police officers without this filthy smut in my game.
[Image: wroawsig.gif]
[Image: meister.gif]
08-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Xbox 360 live features!
Entropy,Aug 9 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:"My PS3 is better than your Xbox 360!" sounds all-to-similar to "I bet my dad can beat up your dad!"
It's also like comparing the size of your penis over the internet, in a way.
"ZOMG MY PENOR R BIGGOR THAN J00RZ!@3123@#!@1213!@#12"

"You know I fuck at life." - Pirate
[20:57:27] <pir8`buddha> i need to wank it tonight
[20:57:40] <pir8`buddha> and by 'it' i mean my penis
[20:57:47] <pir8`buddha> and by 'wank' i mean masturbate
[20:58:00] <pir8`buddha> and by 'tonight' i mean im typing with one hand
08-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Xbox 360 live features!
I remember my dad talking about PS3 having some kind of computer chip that's uber fast and stuff. I don't really remember what it was exactly but I just remember it was something really nice.

I don't really care which console pwns you, because the computer owns you all.