08-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Rakion
when the closed beta starts...bigg u better teach me how :-D

<center>[Image: rae1213ca.png]
[Image: userbar361254ck9.gif]
[Image: devilsigix2.gif]</center>
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2005, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2005 03:03 PM by Biggs.)
Rakion
Five classes: Swordsman, Blacksmith, Mage, Archer, Ninja.

Swordsman is the combo king, he can take decent damage and deal out decent damage. He has good speed for chasing down archers.

Blacksmith is like the tank, and if he can hit you it'll hurt. He's slow and he has the best AoE attacks (area). I personally love/hate these as an archer. They're slow and big so easy to shoot, but they can take a lot of hits.

Mage has some very powerful attacks but are fragile. They can switch between a rod which uses ice attacks, and a wand which uses fire attacks that can lock onto people if you can keep your cursor on them for like 1.5 seconds. I'd give them average speed but if you're going up 1v1 don't expect good results unless you're a pro.

Archer is me, I roxxor here. Good speed, archers actually hit weaker than other classes just because they specialize in range. Not much to say here but hit and run. Bows do arc though so the farther your target is, the higher you have to aim above them.

Ninja is pretty sweet if you have backup. They specialize in grabbing people and it can take like half a lifebar if I remember correctly. Grabbing isn't easy though and if you fail, you'll be open to attacks for a couple of seconds.

Now every class has a ranged weapon, swordsman and blacksmiths have throwing knives, mages have spells, archers bows and ninjas have shuriken. Every class also has a melee weapon (archer has a dagger). Every class can grab, and to grab someone is left + right click and you have to be behind the person, ninjas just have a stronger grab like archers have a stronger ranged.

The game is similar to Gunbound on how the servers are. They're all player made, you can have private ones and whatever. I'm not sure if the maximum players was either 12 or 16 (6v6 or 8v8) per server.
08-08-2005, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2005 06:26 PM by Bahamut.)
Rakion
Biggs,Aug 7 2005, 11:48 PM Wrote:Cake is a uber bot. Kalsi was never good in the first place, all it did was look cool and people thought it was leet. Frog was just always weak. When I sayi GB being unbalanced I mean one b ot being way above the rest. You said it yourself there are five bots that are used by the pros. Not one, but five.

Like I said before, I've played the Korean Rakion and in no way was it unbalanced and softnyx runs it.
Excuse me sir,but i'll have to call you noob...
Kalsi had a double dmg+turn skipping bug...it was UBER...1300 dmg with a dual,2000 if there was thor on guys with 0 def,1300 on guys with 50,and it skipped their turns...the damage was FREAKING POWERFUL when the kalsi was introduced,then softnyx noticed,patched it and made it totally useless(300 dmg with dual+,400 if perfect hit with dual,which is hard...)
Same for frog....one SS with the right suit=1000 dmg to guys with 0 def,3000 if they were standing on a pixel....or 2300 to guys with 50 def...more than enough to kill them,so softnyx patched the ss and made it hurt 20,and only 300 in pixels....softnyx is without a doubt the KING of NERF-ers...when they nerf something they don't do it to balance,but to DESTROY and HUMILIATE

Oh and btw,cake was nerfed to sh1t too..they reduced his angle to the half and lowered his dmg to 100-170.with dual to 300 without thor....lighting pwns it with a 200 dmg with atk 1 hitting them in the middle ^^

Speed:9 KB/s (Goes down between 3-5 times a day,between 1-2 hours each time)
Mood: Homicidal
08-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Rakion
I haven't played GB in forever but I didn't play when those two bots were overpowered. And excuse me for playing in no avatar zones where people don't have uber attack.

To me though, in avatarless zones, 600 damage is a lot, and you can do 800 if you're lucky with thor. Hearing you say 2000 damage and more, is just stupid. You said they nerfed them to balance it? It sounds just about right to me.

Yeah, sure we all know when normal bots can barely do 800 damage with a duel we all know getting over 2k damage is so balanced. Try listening to yourself.
08-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Rakion
So is it a PVP game?

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
Find all posts by this user
08-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Rakion
Yes it's purely PvP, not an MMORPG. It's just like Gunbound in that sense. So whenever you want to pwn some of your friends ass, try this game out.
08-09-2005, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2005 11:09 AM by Bahamut.)
Rakion
Biggs,Aug 8 2005, 08:53 AM Wrote:To me though, in avatarless zones, 600 damage is a lot, and you can do 800 if you're lucky with thor. Hearing you say 2000 damage and more, is just stupid. You said they nerfed them to balance it? It sounds just about right to me.

Yeah, sure we all know when normal bots can barely do 800 damage with a duel we all know getting over 2k damage is so balanced. Try listening to yourself.
...It was unbalanced in the sense of atk,but a stupid lighting with def+hearts beated the crap outta the frog since it had the lowest def and life,so i guess it wasnt so unbalanced,since they died before getting to kill with SS...
Now the SS only makes 200-300 and the frog still has a UBER LOW DEF+LIFE...
Kalsideon's atk has been nerfed way under naks,down to the dmg of a grub,yet its ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO hit perfectly,it MUST be high angle and even if the lil laser hits the target it will miss unless it got him in the middle...
They might had nerfed to balance it,but the morons forgot that balance isnt making a "best atk" the worst in the game....

Speed:9 KB/s (Goes down between 3-5 times a day,between 1-2 hours each time)
Mood: Homicidal
08-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Rakion
Actually I think it's better off the way it is.

Cake and frog bots are great at bunging, they aren't for damaging, but for bunging. Sure nak can bunge great, but it's a lot harder. Frog doesn't even need a clear shot to hit you, it shouldn't HAVE fucking huge damage if you don't even have to aim at them. Cake and frog make big holes though with the right gear.

Grub and kals may have low damage, but it can give a shit load of money even if you barely even hit them. I always used these two bots whenever I wanted quick money for each shot.

Some bots have a purpose for pure killage, like nak. Some bots are there to make quick money like grub and kals. Some are great hole makers, like the cake and frog.

It was unbalanced the way it was when you can do over 2k damage a shot.
08-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Rakion
psssst we are all playing where are j0000!

[Image: 00034133.gif]
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Rakion
This is where I am.

[Image: pwnage.jpg]

Me = Peanut
Dum3z = Dewmsmith
Dwopple = Dwopple

I couldn't find the rest of you whores probably because you're all under level 6 I think.

I'm the highest level archer, Dum3z is the second highest blacksmith, and Dwopple just sucks. (6th overall archer)

Second day in and I'm moving on up whores!