Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sex drive
10-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Sex drive
Whats with the angels and stuff in the trailers? I havn't watched it yet and thats been bugging me for awhile. :huh:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Sex drive
[quote=Dwopple,Oct 28 2008, 05:17 PM]Whats with the angels and stuff in the trailers? I havn't watched it yet and thats been bugging me for awhile.

[19:07:16] <coca> lolbeans
[19:07:39] <coca> i planted some lolbeans and grew a lollertree

[21:13:27] <Dwoppers> WATZ WIF THE POEM OR W/E
[21:13:34] <Dwoppers> lol, bet its gnona be all gay andp ink and stuff
[21:13:39] <plot> like your room>
[21:13:42] <coca> ur face is gay and pink
[21:13:55] <coca> little cockmagician
[21:14:33] <coca> a good cockmagician never chokes on the same dick twice

[15:48] <SirTiger> Groovy-oh

[23:52] <}8]> dwop made two aim's and cybered himself

[21:57] <Doomz`lap> My parents liekep drinking me margriats
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> I sear
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> Theyre adryint gop pisoen me
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> TRYIGNH ESPO TOIN EMSOPEN
10-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Sex drive
Plot,Oct 28 2008, 10:31 PM Wrote:
Dwopple,Oct 28 2008, 05:17 PM Wrote:Whats with the angels and stuff in the trailers? I havn't watched it yet and thats been bugging me for awhile. :huh:
Spoiler:

There is a drug in the movie called Valkyr. It was originally supposed to be to exponentially boost the morale of soldiers during wartime, however, when tested, proved to be only effective for 1% of the population. The other 99% have violent hallucinations that over time drive the subject to insanity. One of the guys in the film is on the drug at the top of a building/window of an apartment, and is having hallucinations. Max Payne and his female "companion" are trying to confront him about a murder, and he starts backing up. The video shows him then getting ripped out the window by an angel, but really he just backed up to the edge. The angel was a hallucination, and thats what it seemed like to him. The drug and the company Aesir that made the Valkyr both had ties linking to Norse mythology's Valkyries if I remember correctly. According to this mythology, Vikings would only go to heaven if they died due to violence, and would go to hell if they died in their sleep or something like that. Hence the reason its supposed to be the ultimate morale booster. Max ingests two vials of the stuff near the end of the movie, after jumping into a freezing body of water, in order to keep himself moving forward and not dying from hypothermia. He has these hallucinations, but is not a junkie and is so focused in his quest for revenge that it doesnt lead him to commit suicide or something of the sort. He does have the hallucinations, however.

In short, its just a hallucination as the side effect of a failed governmental pharmaceutical.
the concepts ok but i want mortal vs. angel kind of shit if went to see it. By the commercials and not having previously played the video games, thats what it looked like. Damn...thats a letdown, thx

...kids don't get beaten enough these days...
...everything i want in life sucks...
10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Sex drive
np, but honestly, i would not recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't played the videogame. i dont think it would work very well... to much prior information is required in my opinion. however, i do recommend the game to everyone. both the first and second games were awesome. go play them. now.

[19:07:16] <coca> lolbeans
[19:07:39] <coca> i planted some lolbeans and grew a lollertree

[21:13:27] <Dwoppers> WATZ WIF THE POEM OR W/E
[21:13:34] <Dwoppers> lol, bet its gnona be all gay andp ink and stuff
[21:13:39] <plot> like your room>
[21:13:42] <coca> ur face is gay and pink
[21:13:55] <coca> little cockmagician
[21:14:33] <coca> a good cockmagician never chokes on the same dick twice

[15:48] <SirTiger> Groovy-oh

[23:52] <}8]> dwop made two aim's and cybered himself

[21:57] <Doomz`lap> My parents liekep drinking me margriats
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> I sear