Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CSS Dedi Server admin uber n00b
01-14-2007, 11:55 PM
I need some networking help on this too, but my main objective is to learn how to set-up and admin a Mani-admin DM server, w/ my own custom skins.

My best case scenerio is to be able to do this securly through a, linksys vonage router to linksys wireless router to switch to server/PC, set-up. I know this boarders on the edge of impossible; so, let's teach me how to do this w/ a direct connection to the modem in my dad's office. I can only hook my PC/switch directly to the Cox modem late at night/in the early morning while my dad is asleep, cuz other wise we need it for the phone sys and his internet.

I DLd mani-admin plugin and DM mod and stuffed tehm into the Cstrike folder for source dedicated server but it did nothing so, i need some serious help on this. I'm a real admin n00b! I ahve reskined almost my entire arsenal and would like to have everyone elses have these skins on this server if possible, but if not taht's ok.
I used to admin my own halo dedi off my laptop last yr. but i nvr got to kno all the cmds and stuff, plus CSS admin has alot more features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm tired, so I'm going back to bed, then I'll answer all your questions in full. But you won't be able to have everyone have the same skins as you, and you wouldn't want to. It'd take damn near forever to force everyone to download them all.

I'll answer the rest when I've gotten some sleep.

[Image: wroawbar.jpg]
Quote:[18:58] <@slxbot> SniperducK`: Stephen - Greek in origin, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen is just about the coolest male name. Whether it's prnounced 'Stef-an' or 'Steve-en' doesn't matter, it's just awesome. Steph and Stevie are also the coolest nicknames.
01-15-2007, 01:32 AM
hey its you from last night, didnt think you'd actually come to the forums:)

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
01-15-2007, 04:05 AM
well i have no clue about setting up dedicated servers, but hai anyway desertrat!

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2007, 06:02 AM
DesertRat,Jan 14 2007, 08:55 AM Wrote:I need some networking help on this too, but my main objective is to learn how to set-up and admin a Mani-admin DM server, w/ my own custom skins.

My best case scenerio is to be able to do this securly through a, linksys vonage router to linksys wireless router to switch to server/PC, set-up. I know this boarders on the edge of impossible; so, let's teach me how to do this w/ a direct connection to the modem in my dad's office. I can only hook my PC/switch directly to the Cox modem late at night/in the early morning while my dad is asleep, cuz other wise we need it for the phone sys and his internet.

I DLd mani-admin plugin and DM mod and stuffed tehm into the Cstrike folder for source dedicated server but it did nothing so, i need some serious help on this. I'm a real admin n00b! I ahve reskined almost my entire arsenal and would like to have everyone elses have these skins on this server if possible, but if not taht's ok.
I used to admin my own halo dedi off my laptop last yr. but i nvr got to kno all the cmds and stuff, plus CSS admin has alot more features.
Alright. I don't want to go through each step on the forums....so talk to me on aim or msn and we can go through this.

This can be done through two routers, so don't worry about that.

[Image: wroawbar.jpg]
Quote:[18:58] <@slxbot> SniperducK`: Stephen - Greek in origin, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen is just about the coolest male name. Whether it's prnounced 'Stef-an' or 'Steve-en' doesn't matter, it's just awesome. Steph and Stevie are also the coolest nicknames.