Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Sound quality help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Um hi i was wondering on your server hlss is really clear but on mine its all raspy and crappy i was wondering how did you get it so clear???
sv_voicequality 5

Or something like that. There's other commands that help, but that's the only one I know. Why am I telling you? I hate HLSS.:blink:
Zomg HLSS on our server? Ban!
That's what my first thoughts were. It's the most annoying thing when you're listening to music and then some bitch plays the all too common Banana Phone, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, PB & J Time, or the one I ban right away when I hear, I'm A Kitty Cat.
Yea if i hear HLSS i have no problem banning:)
I only hate it when I'm listening to music and their playing shitty music at the same time. But if it's any of those songs (my list is of hate is not limited to those songs, mind you) I just lose it.

Oh, and sQuibble bUbbles, your signature reaks something strong.
and something about voice_speex in another command. I think I started bananaphone on HLSS way back when. I apologize.
I dont play CS without music, and when i do its usually so i can hear someone talk or cuz im taking a game seriously. But either way, if i wanted to hear shitty quality music/annoying shit i would put it in my playlist not ask someone to play it for me repeatedly.
this is what you need to add to your server.cfg to have very clear hlss and ingame voive quality. add these lines and then exec the server.cfg file in console because remeber that the server.cfg does not exec at map changes like amx.cfg anyway here they are

Code:
sv_voicecodec voice_speex
sv_voicequality 5

there are 5 different voice levels you can choose from. if i remeber right all five levels use less bandwith than the original voice codec and like levels 2-5 have better sound than the original or something like that... but you want voicequality 5 for hlss.

the levels are:
Level 1: 6 bytes/frame, 2400bps, lowest quality
Level 2: 15 bytes/frame, 6000bps
Level 3: 20 bytes/frame, 8000bps
Level 4: 28 bytes/frame, 11200bps
Level 5: 38 bytes/frame, 15200bps, highest quality
And another HLSS ridden server is born.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's