Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Computer Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
alright i once again need the excellent advice of the wroaw community. i made a computer last christmas. i used an extra processor i just had laying around and i am now looking to upgrade proccessor and ram. i have a msi amd socket a 462 motherboard and 3 ddr400 ram slots. 2 are dual channelable. and is capable of 1gb per slot. Motherboard Specs

i think i know what procesor i am buying. amd athlon xp 3200+ 400FBS 512k l2. i think that is the fastest procesor for socket a.
Processor Specs

but the ram is where i am needing help. i dont know much about ram but from what i have read on forums it doesn't sound like there is alot of difference in ram.

what i am thinking for the ram is maybe is an OCZ dual channel 1gb kit. pc3200
Ram Specs

but i am open for sugestions.

oh and i also need a heatsink and fan for that cpu. i don't know much about those either other than the smaller the fins the better and that copper is better... suggestions anyone
this is my best option for that so far.. vantec aeroflow2 such as Here
someone told me vantec was good so i looked for them.. open for sugestions still

Plz Help and tell me what you would buy in my situation... i saved up some of the money from working this summer so i have a pretty large budgett up to 500 maybe

thanks
2.2 GHz for the processor? You might want to pick something... faster?

The RAM looks good, especially because of how shiny it is.

And you might want a motherboard that has PCI-E.
Blizzard,Aug 23 2005, 05:07 AM Wrote:2.2 GHz for the processor? You might want to pick something... faster?

The RAM looks good, especially because of how shiny it is.

And you might want a motherboard that has PCI-E.
yea, plus you'd want your processor to be at least 800 fsb (i think i've seen faster), not 400...

and yes... I agree with Blix. I'd get that ram just for how shiny it is... I probably would never put my tower cover back on, just so i could keep looking at it. :P
*Adds this occurrence to the times people have agreed with Blizzard*
oh blix that a grand total of 2this one and the time you said to the mirror you were ugly
Shut the fuck up. That 3200+ athlon "2.2ghz" will spank your p4 2.6-2.8ghz chip's ass. At a greatly reduced price too.
Maybe so, but if it was me I'd buy a faster one.
Blizzard,Aug 23 2005, 05:20 AM Wrote:Maybe so, but if it was me I'd buy a faster one.
that faster one wouldnt do you shit dumby. AMD > Pentium. And as for ram i was a corsair fan :-\
HAHAHA ...All I know about RAM is that my motherboard kills one mb of it no matter what ^^
I had 127mb and now i have 511mb ^^
Its FUKING ORIGINAL! TRY GETTING ONE OF THOSE!
Mines done that before, fixed itself though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's