Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Amx Plugin That Binds Hook For Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: Autobind_example.jpg]

i had a plugin made for my hoookmod server that bind f to hook for each player when they join a team. and it gives them a message as shown above. i don't know if you would be interested in this plugin for your server when you get it up, but i got sick of people asking how to do hook. it is a simple plugin and you can change the key or the message it says.

i just thought i would pass it on.

Code:
#include <amxmod>
#include <amxmisc>

public client_connect(id){
  client_cmd(id,"bind f +hook")
}

public bind_msg(ids[]){
  set_hudmessage(0,255,165,0.29, 0.30,0,0.0,9.0,3.0,3.0)
  show_hudmessage(0, "Hook Has Been Bound To 'f' For You...Enjoy!")
  client_print(0, print_chat, "* Hook Has Been Bound To 'f' For You...Enjoy!")
  return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public client_putinserver(id) {
   new ids[1]
   ids[0] = id
   set_task(10.0,"bind_msg",0,ids,1)
   return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public plugin_init(){
  register_plugin("autobind","0.1","Split")
}

well if you aren't interested, then ignore this
and what happens if u already bound it to another key?
you can still use whatever key you had it bound to before. all it does is bind it to f also. you can have the command bound to two keys. so everyone who knows how to use it and has it bound to something differnt will not be affected. but all the people who don't even know how to open console or even know what the tilde key is will have hook bound to f for them wich i think works pretty well.
c is normally bound to radio3...you're disabling peoples radio by doing that. Id suggest using f (if flashlight is disabled, like it was on wcs). I use mouse3 personally, its easier.
i use f for hook

and i use caps lock for radio commands
Mouse buttons ftw. Mouse3/4/5 = best hook buttons/keys across the mouse/keyboard, IMO.

And if someone has a weird keyboard arrangement (mine is odd, but some people have really whacked out controls) then you run the chance of overwriting one of their keys, which _might_ piss them off.
never considered c being the radio. guess i never use it. hmmm
f would be a better choice. well whatever i guess. thanks
on dodgeball i used only my mouse to play. But im a "f" guy for any other map.
I just use F and I have Mouse 4/5/6/7/8 open.:P

But this is horrible if someone already has that key bound to something important (say if they use ESDF config instead).
oh well i guess it was a stupid plugin... but i am proud of itB)

what messages are in radio 3 anyway?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's