Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Extremely Low fps in all games (online/offline)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
There I am. Happily playing cs 1.6..and then HL2 comes out. So I get a ATI Radeon 9800 XT so i can play it. Well it was all well and good for a couple months and after I beat HL2 I moved on to console gaming for a month or so.

A friend comes over. He wants to play HL2 so I let him. As soon as it started i could tell there was a problem. It was really jerky and slow as he went into areas that required high ghraphical capabilities(gun fights, some parts of city 17, basically any place with alot of things going on.) It was almost impossible to play the game. So my friend stopped playing and left after a while. I decide to play cs 1.6. When i go into the game it is the same problem. My ping is fine but my fps is horrendous (5-30 fps). And for the hell of it i try cs:s. I get 3-10 fps. I also noticed that when i tryed to do a warcraft 3 defence map it slows down alot (on account of all the units on screen i think.)

So now i know there is a problem. I run ad-aware, spybot, anti virus stuff. I clean up my computer. Kill two viruses and erradicate and spyware. But the problem still remains. I update the drivers for the grfx card, doesnt help.

I decide to get my brother to try helping me. He decides to make sure the ATI card and motherboard(we had to get a new one for the card to fit) were installed properly. As soon as he takes the cover off a bunch of hot air blows into his face. So he checks the fps on cs 1.6 again...Well it helped a little bit but not much. The fps rose from 5-30 to 20-35....Great.

My brother takes out and puts back in both the card and motherboard but that doesnt help either. Im stumped. Why would my games suddenly become extremely slow and basically useless? Its not a virus. Not spyware. Not a bad installation job. What the hell could it be?

Someone help me!

My computer specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.00 GHz
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB
512 mb's of ram
60 GB Hard drive

Thanks for any tips or thoughts in advance.;)

Oh and sorry for the typos.:P
how could you type so much?.................:huh:
or im just to lazy yo read it all but i dunno what you are talking about.
Welcome to my world...
WC3 slows down everywhere though ><
And CS wont go over 5 fps >< 0.1 in gun fights with the lowest resolution
Try asking radeon and not wroaw:P
penguin do you have those things where there is 2 or more user things and like one of the is you dads or moms bro ect. and they are loged on.
because that might make it worse because blizzard yell at me when im for ghet to log out of my mom and dads user account. even thought it wasnt me.........
well my comps current temperatures read 37C 127C and 127C..i think i need to get another fan in there.
t3h_l33t_p3ngu1n,Jul 14 2005, 05:21 PM Wrote:well my comps current temperatures read 37C 127C and 127C..i think i need to get another fan in there.
127°C will melt just about anything in your computer, I think you need new thermometers in there. >.>

Try adding a few fans, take the parts out and try to get as much dust off them as possible, defrag your hard drive...or just reformat. Sv will probably have some better solutions, but knowing him he'll be with his gf for 4-7 hours.
I think by 127 celsius was suppose to be 127 ferenheit >.>
get one of those air in a can thingys and spray your comp with it
Give us some physical memory usage stats...

My stuff runs slow whenever I'm paging too much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's