Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: BitTorrent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to know if there's any way for me to speed BT up...anything?
Depends on which program you use and what type of connection you have.
Get T3. It's not too expensive.;)
Hell why stop at T3 when you can go for the OC series. (Yeah, Dum3z knows what I'm talking about)

And Blix joo nub! Having T3 won't help the torrent download faster at all, you'll just upload faster. I doubt you'd ever reach your max download capacity on a torrent unless it's some dialup maybe.:ph34r:

If you have use certain types of torrent programs if you mess with the upload rate it can actually make your download go faster. Yeah, sounds weird but it worked for me once I found the magical number. I can play games now and still have my torrent running.
i bet u'r using azureus, some trackers hate it when u do that btw (at least some i know)
I have 3 BT programs going at once...Azureus, BitComet, and BitLord. They're all at the same speed...same % done.
Schietluis,Jun 17 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:i bet u'r using azureus, some trackers hate it when u do that btw (at least some i know)
I use BitLord, and they shouldn't hate me because I normally seed over night if I ever fall asleep. Really I never turn it off because I can play games with it on now.
when im downloading games and animes from bt i use ABC (Another Bittorent Client)...Its way better you can control pretty much everything...uploading doenst effect your download too...but i dunno why but 1gb = 3-8hrs...and so on to other ppl its 1gb= 12-24hrs...maybe its my computer

Edit: You can play other games with this on..will not effect anything only the internet connect when your downloading something 100+kbs
If you're behind a router, I've heard that you need to open ports to use your full potential. I don't bother using BT, i use K++ or IRC to download anything if i ever do these days.
i play online even when downloading with 300k/s:)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's