Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: laptop insight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i need your guys' help. im seriously considering getting me an asus g1s-b2 laptop, which is pretty damn good. it packs a geforce 8600m GT, 3gb of ram, a t7700 2.4ghz quad core, and other nice perks. i was wondering though, if i should wait for anything especially important that might be coming out soon instead of just buying this laptop now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834220256
<.< Do you really need all of that on a laptop?
get pwnage computer for gaming.
get shitty laptop for everything else.:P
sleepy-sheep,Dec 20 2007, 06:55 PM Wrote:get pwnage computer for gaming.
get shitty laptop for everything else.:P
So true.
the thing is im starting to need the portability. especially if my parents move to the west coast. i cant carry around my desktop everywhere. and this is supposed to last me at LEAST until i graduate, hopefully beyond that.
well you need to weigh what your going to be doing on this laptop. If you plan on gaming feel free to get something crazy but really its a waste if you only need it for term papers :/ But if i was to buy a lappy i'd probably get it through dell.
a hobbit,Dec 20 2007, 05:22 PM Wrote:i need your guys' help. im seriously considering getting me an asus g1s-b2 laptop, which is pretty damn good. it packs a geforce 8600m GT, 3gb of ram, a t7700 2.4ghz quad core, and other nice perks. i was wondering though, if i should wait for anything especially important that might be coming out soon instead of just buying this laptop now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834220256
u mean a T7700 core 2 duo 2.4ghz i take it?

well personally, I find that that computer is fairly prised but will have to go with everyone else here on that pc's you get the most from ur money
sleepy-sheep,Dec 20 2007, 06:55 PM Wrote:get shitty laptop for everything else.:P
there, i fixed that for you...

don't buy a gaming laptop unless you have money to burn...

if you want to wait for something? nvidia is releasing their 9000 series soon.
piratebuddha,Dec 21 2007, 02:47 AM Wrote:
sleepy-sheep,Dec 20 2007, 06:55 PM Wrote:get shitty laptop for everything else.:P

yeah but its gonna be even longer before the 9 series gets put into mobiles yeah? and yeah id use the laptop for gaming. since i wouldnt be taking my desktop to school anymore:D
a hobbit,Dec 21 2007, 02:16 AM Wrote:
piratebuddha,Dec 21 2007, 02:47 AM Wrote:

yeah but its gonna be even longer before the 9 series gets put into mobiles yeah? and yeah id use the laptop for gaming. since i wouldnt be taking my desktop to school anymore:D
That's probably not Pirate's point. Once the 9000's come out, the other video cards will come down in price.

That being said, if you wanna play games on it, go for it. Otherwise, I'd definitely not spend that kind of money on it. And as Womb said, I'd buy a laptop through Dell. That's what I'm using now, and their tech support kicks ass. Everytime I've broken something on the laptop, I get online, chat with someone for 5 minutes, and the next day, the replacement part is at my house.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's