Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: laptop insight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sveach,Dec 21 2007, 09:17 AM Wrote:
a hobbit,Dec 21 2007, 02:16 AM Wrote:
piratebuddha,Dec 21 2007, 02:47 AM Wrote:
sleepy-sheep,Dec 20 2007, 06:55 PM Wrote:get shitty laptop for everything else.:P
there, i fixed that for you...

don't buy a gaming laptop unless you have money to burn...

if you want to wait for something? nvidia is releasing their 9000 series soon.
yeah but its gonna be even longer before the 9 series gets put into mobiles yeah? and yeah id use the laptop for gaming. since i wouldnt be taking my desktop to school anymore:D
That's probably not Pirate's point. Once the 9000's come out, the other video cards will come down in price.

That being said, if you wanna play games on it, go for it. Otherwise, I'd definitely not spend that kind of money on it. And as Womb said, I'd buy a laptop through Dell. That's what I'm using now, and their tech support kicks ass. Everytime I've broken something on the laptop, I get online, chat with someone for 5 minutes, and the next day, the replacement part is at my house.
Stephen, even if other video cards come down in price when 9000 comes out, the mobile ones will stay expensive until there's a 9000m.
i definitely considered dell as a main contender, but the fact that i don't want a 17" or bigger laptop kind of cancels them out. Also their prices seem to be quite a bit over $2000. ive heard asus makes pretty good laptops and after checking newegg i figured it was a pretty good deal.

i also heard a bit of rumblings about nvidia's 9 series to come out. how soon do you guys think it'll be?

edit: nvm dumez kinda answered that question lol
a hobbit,Dec 21 2007, 11:44 AM Wrote:i definitely considered dell as a main contender, but the fact that i don't want a 17" or bigger laptop kind of cancels them out. Also their prices seem to be quite a bit over $2000. ive heard asus makes pretty good laptops and after checking newegg i figured it was a pretty good deal.

i also heard a bit of rumblings about nvidia's 9 series to come out. how soon do you guys think it'll be?

edit: nvm dumez kinda answered that question lol
Keep in mind you have a 30 day warranty with most Newegg things, not the kinda tech support you can get from Dell that Stephen was talking about.:P
It may be 2000 but you can pay for it over the next 30 years if you really want to. So when its old in like 4 you can just send it back and stop paying the 20 bux a month:DMeaning you get a laptop for 4 years for 960 bux :/
ah well I already ordered the laptop =P
lol way to weigh your decisions!
Dum3z,Dec 21 2007, 12:41 PM Wrote:
Sveach,Dec 21 2007, 09:17 AM Wrote:
a hobbit,Dec 21 2007, 02:16 AM Wrote:yeah but its gonna be even longer before the 9 series gets put into mobiles yeah? and yeah id use the laptop for gaming. since i wouldnt be taking my desktop to school anymore:D
That's probably not Pirate's point. Once the 9000's come out, the other video cards will come down in price.

That being said, if you wanna play games on it, go for it. Otherwise, I'd definitely not spend that kind of money on it. And as Womb said, I'd buy a laptop through Dell. That's what I'm using now, and their tech support kicks ass. Everytime I've broken something on the laptop, I get online, chat with someone for 5 minutes, and the next day, the replacement part is at my house.
Stephen, even if other video cards come down in price when 9000 comes out, the mobile ones will stay expensive until there's a 9000m.
the m's still drop pretty quickly... they drop anything with 8 on it...
Womb-Raider,Dec 22 2007, 08:31 AM Wrote:lol way to weigh your decisions!
mainly cuz im impatient and the $100 mail-in rebate ended soon.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's