Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Ugh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I use direct downloads now cause torrents don't work for me, I win.
I have plenty of friends from Purdue and IU that got letters from cable company AND the university saying if they did not stop the law will come in:)
[quote=Underdog,Sep 8 2007, 07:35 AM][quote=The Senate,Sep 8 2007, 04:37 AM] I warned you guys about the coming bad news for torrent users...
G3n0C1D3,Sep 7 2007, 08:30 PM Wrote:welcome to a month ago
yeah this is old... it went into effect about 2 weeks ago and it was decided they'd do it almost 4 months ago...

and yes, you take a risk while pirating anything... but no, i will most likely never get a letter from the mpaa, riaa, or my isp telling me to stop;)

you guys can snicker at me if it ever happens, but as of now i'm riding on peer guardian, proxies, trusted torrent sites, trusted ftps, and the fact that my isp refuses to hand out their private information to anyone

organizations like the mpaa and riaa are losing court cases and setting precedents that keep the privacy rights of users protected...

i'm just hoping it continues down this path
piratebuddha,Sep 8 2007, 12:05 PM Wrote:
yeah this is old... it went into effect about 2 weeks ago and it was decided they'd do it almost 4 months ago...

and yes, you take a risk while pirating anything... but no, i will most likely never get a letter from the mpaa, riaa, or my isp telling me to stop;)

you guys can snicker at me if it ever happens, but as of now i'm riding on peer guardian, proxies, trusted torrent sites, trusted ftps, and the fact that my isp refuses to hand out their private information to anyone

organizations like the mpaa and riaa are losing court cases and setting precedents that keep the privacy rights of users protected...

What ISP is that?
Dum3z,Sep 8 2007, 12:47 PM Wrote:
piratebuddha,Sep 8 2007, 12:05 PM Wrote:

What ISP is that?
fuck i take it all back

i HAD an isp that protected my rights... charter (while crappy) refused to follow the subpoenas... while i switched to at&t about 2 months ago which bends over like a bitch

i'm fucked :/
i've recieved a few letters from the mpaa or ria, they pretty much claim they'll bring you to court where you can say you werent doing anything illigal and they then walk out with their tail between there legs. But in case shit hits the fan theres a microwave upstairs and my hard drive comes out real easy:D
demonoid ftw:D
Womb-Raider,Sep 8 2007, 03:21 PM Wrote:i've recieved a few letters from the mpaa or ria, they pretty much claim they'll bring you to court where you can say you werent doing anything illigal and they then walk out with their tail between there legs. But in case shit hits the fan theres a microwave upstairs and my hard drive comes out real easy:D
Yeah, that's worked out real well for the people who received court dates.
Private trackers ftw! I use torrentleech and demonoid:D
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's