Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: ELBOW CRACKING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can crack my fingers all day (doing a titty-grabbing motion). And my big toes.
BALL,Jun 22 2007, 02:34 AM Wrote:"elbow cracking" could be an early warning sign of gayness.
>:O
there are a few reasons you hear that cracking noise...

more common is the build up of gases (that dissolves into liquids) that build up due to the over-development of muscles...

most every action uses multiple muscles at once... muscles that have connections in movements usually grow around the same rate (or should for that matter)...

but if you participate in a repetitive motion (like a baseball player that catches or throws in the same manner most of the time) you can strengthen your muscle more so on one side of that left arm...

when one of two (or more) muscles that complement the same action become over-developed than the others, it tends to pull the joints further in one direction than meant and creates a little cavity that fills with gas that dissolves into a liquid, when the pressure builds up enough (sometimes every time, sometimes once and awhile) the retraction of that movement causes the liquids to release and the ligaments snap back, causing the 'crack'

you catch with your left (as you've said)... when does the elbow crack? that gives you the best idea of which muscles are being stretched.... i can look them up for you if you'd like

once you determine what muscles in your arm are over-developed, you can massage and stretch those complementing muscles to become stronger and get rid the cracking...

at this young age it is important to remember that your muscles will grow at different rates BUT if you plan on playing baseball all throughout high school you should still work out those other muscles just in case...

I wrestled for 5-6 years and the pivoting of my feet to strike low caused my feet to spread a bit (luck a duck, not terribly bad, but its difficult to walk perfectly straight unless I concentrate) and if I ever pivot my feet they crack... My condition can be fixed through regular massage (i'm just too lazy to concentrate enough to walk straight all the time and get a massage)

/girlfriend is a massage therapy student (only 5 weeks left until her final testing) and we've gone over this stuff a bunch.... she has to memorize a surprisingly large amount of medical data for a seemingly easy license...

//cracking doesn't cause arthritis, but it does wear down the joints and the common forms of arthritis are from joint degeneration caused from a lack of fluid between the joints... you can crack your whole life and be fine because the cracking builds fluids and releases the excess, it doesn't diminish any fluids... BUT cracking does attribute to joint degeneration which isn't that fun and has a correlation (not direct connection) to the major forms of arthritis

///and Plot is talking about Osteoarthritis... its a really weak connection, but yeah cracking is a contributing factor
the times when it cracks the most is when i'm shifting positions on my bass in a fast song, when it's fully outstretched or fully in (fist to chest)

I don't really know what muscles are doing what. I lift handweights occasionally, but nothing serious. I haven't seriously harmed it either. I've fallen on it a couple times, but haven't we all?
Mister Beagle,Jun 22 2007, 01:57 PM Wrote:I haven't seriously harmed it either. I've fallen on it a couple times, but haven't we all?
I fell on mine too...that's how I broke it. :PFell out of a tree, fell a good 20 feet onto a tree root..whee.
Sveach,Jun 22 2007, 12:44 PM Wrote:
Mister Beagle,Jun 22 2007, 01:57 PM Wrote:I haven't seriously harmed it either. I've fallen on it a couple times, but haven't we all?
I fell on mine too...that's how I broke it. :PFell out of a tree, fell a good 20 feet onto a tree root..whee.
OUCH!! :o

I've had a cracked foot and a broken hand. That's it for major stuff. I sprained my groin when I was a little kid which actually put me in a wheelchair for a month. Jumped off the roof of a 2-story house. Haven't done it since. :blink:
Mister Beagle,Jun 22 2007, 01:57 PM Wrote:the times when it cracks the most is when i'm shifting positions on my bass in a fast song, when it's fully outstretched or fully in (fist to chest)

I don't really know what muscles are doing what. I lift handweights occasionally, but nothing serious. I haven't seriously harmed it either. I've fallen on it a couple times, but haven't we all?
its not really an injury, just one side of your left arm is stronger than the other side of your left arm...

i'll let my g/f know tonight and maybe she can give you an idea, if you have a PT on your sports team he/she might know... i stress might... our PT in high school was a dummmmbbbassssss

/once told me to stop bending my knees so much when i get on the line
Sveach,Jun 22 2007, 03:44 PM Wrote:
um....srry 2 burst ur bubble but...iont think ur spiderman:D
no cracking your joints leads to no major health problems

i broke both my elbows at the same time on my moutain bike a while bike (helluva jump by the way) my left one is fine my right one alot of times locks up and i cant move it and i still cant put too much strain on it (it has been around nine months now) plus whenever i rotate my room it does this wierd cracking thing, something i have to live with for the rest of my life. I also broke my knuckle punching a concrete wall at school but it was just a few weeks after i got my cast off my elbow so i didnt tell my parents......huge mistake the smallest hit bruises the shit out of it and hurts like hell not to mention it freakin never went back to normal size, i also one of my ribs in a pillow fight, didnt tell my parents it healed but it is sticking too far in so if i bend over just right or sit down just right i can actually feel it catch inside doesnt hurt just disgusting

but yes pirate is right, almost most of us here type alot probably around 50,000 key strokes a day, which leads to the strengthning of certain muscles in the fingures, therefore why almost all of us are cronic fingure crackers, if it starts hurting worse, or worsening in any way get it checked out, you dont want something stupid killing your baseball season
so the deal is, if its a continuous crack (as in it happens a bunch during those motions) you should work out your tricepts, bicepts, and deltoids more...

basically... repeat the action that makes you crack, but add weights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's