Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Next Generation MMORPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
UO was a good game, but even if it was remade it won't become the biggest game evar. It never had the popularity that some of the other games had!
Biggs,Dec 10 2006, 12:10 AM Wrote:UO was a good game, but even if it was remade it won't become the biggest game evar. It never had the popularity that some of the other games had!
Yes it did, and yes it would. The pvp was amazing, the rp was great, there was nothing wrong with this game at all. I like the idea of no classes/races/professions. The game was just fuckin great. the '99 version. Ahh i'd still play if it had a good server up, and entropy too!
Womby you haven't really played many games beyond UO, you don't know what the MMO community is like now.:o
Biggs,Dec 10 2006, 03:31 AM Wrote:Womby you haven't really played many games beyond UO, you don't know what the MMO community is like now.:o
i dont care about the mmo community, it was a popular and awesome fucking game. and i know i dont play 50 betas a month like you, i get sick of starting over in the same run down type of game.
I don't need to play 50 betas a month to know what MMOs are like now. The thing is you rarely play MMOs now.

I never said UO wasn't a good game, because it was at it's own time. If you really want a game similiar to UO in the way you described it, go play Runescape. No classes, no races, no professions. Runescape even has PvP, but I wouldn't know how it is. There are actually dozens of games like UO that have been released over the years, they're all dead now except for Runescape.

People want more from games now, they want "diversity" or "customization". They want large scale PvP most of all, no longer 1v1. Why do you think WoW is popular with its huge raids? Or L2 is known with their big castle sieges. RO private servers are huge because of their endgame fast-paced WoE (basically castle sieges). All of these involve high numbers of people all going at it at the same time. 1v1 PvP doesn't cut it for the mass anymore.

Sadly because of the intelligence drop of the average gamer, it has become less about individual skill and more about zerging your enemies now. Though there is still big skill involved in group PvP, more then individual in some cases.

Basically UO just wouldn't live up to standards in todays games. It was great at it's own time, and that started all the way back in the late 80's. They could remake UO, but they would have to change the gameplay to make it appeal to the people now.
wow for once i agree with Biggs

*ring ring*

* piratebuddha picks up phone

"hello?"

*wa wa wa wa wa wa waaa*

"HELL HAS FROZEN OVER?! I thought something was fishy"
piratebuddha,Dec 10 2006, 04:25 PM Wrote:wow for once i agree with Biggs

*ring ring*

* Biggs picks up phone

"hello?"

*wa wa wa wa wa wa waaa*

"HELL HAS FROZEN OVER?! I thought something was fishy"
You agreeing with me means you finally turned on your brain again!:ph34r:
Biggs,Dec 10 2006, 05:12 AM Wrote:I don't need to play 50 betas a month to know what MMOs are like now. The thing is you rarely play MMOs now.

I never said UO wasn't a good game, because it was at it's own time. If you really want a game similiar to UO in the way you described it, go play Runescape. No classes, no races, no professions. Runescape even has PvP, but I wouldn't know how it is. There are actually dozens of games like UO that have been released over the years, they're all dead now except for Runescape.

People want more from games now, they want "diversity" or "customization". They want large scale PvP most of all, no longer 1v1. Why do you think WoW is popular with its huge raids? Or L2 is known with their big castle sieges. RO private servers are huge because of their endgame fast-paced WoE (basically castle sieges). All of these involve high numbers of people all going at it at the same time. 1v1 PvP doesn't cut it for the mass anymore.

Sadly because of the intelligence drop of the average gamer, it has become less about individual skill and more about zerging your enemies now. Though there is still big skill involved in group PvP, more then individual in some cases.

Basically UO just wouldn't live up to standards in todays games. It was great at it's own time, and that started all the way back in the late 80's. They could remake UO, but they would have to change the gameplay to make it appeal to the people now.
You never played UO did you? It wasnt at all about 1v1 pvp. A lot of the best times were the guild vs guild pvp, the huge chaos vs order pvp and the town thingys that i cant remember at all. When im more awake ill respond to this
Well I never played UO much. Apparently you don't remember much either, or it has just changed that much since you played it.

UO does have classes, professions, and races.

Oh, and if you didn't know already Womb, UO has had "sequels", many of them. They're called expansions. They aren't normal expansions either, they revamped the graphics, changed it all around. The very first expansion of UO was originally called UO 2 actually. UO in its prime was never the most popular either, I read only 250,000 subscriptions at its prime.

Now PvP, as I said I never played it much, so I never got very far so I didn't experience all of the PvP. From what I saw though, it's not the kind of PvP that I'm talking about when I say WoW or L2. You can ask Duck on his GMing of the L2 servers to see what the castle sieges were like.
Biggs,Dec 10 2006, 11:40 PM Wrote:Well I never played UO much. Apparently you don't remember much either, or it has just changed that much since you played it.

UO does have classes, professions, and races.

Oh, and if you didn't know already Womb, UO has had "sequels", many of them. They're called expansions. They aren't normal expansions either, they revamped the graphics, changed it all around. The very first expansion of UO was originally called UO 2 actually. UO in its prime was never the most popular either, I read only 250,000 subscriptions at its prime.

Now PvP, as I said I never played it much, so I never got very far so I didn't experience all of the PvP. From what I saw though, it's not the kind of PvP that I'm talking about when I say WoW or L2. You can ask Duck on his GMing of the L2 servers to see what the castle sieges were like.
The decent version of UO (1999 UO ren.) was easily the best. After that they fucked it all up, with trammel and then eventually they added races. Professions werent really ever added, you could have a max of 700 skill points, what you put them into was your choice. You can get to a max of 100 in any skill 100 being the grand master of a skill, like smithing so you could call it a profession but it wasnt like it is in WoW or any game i've played since.

The pvp was a lot of 1v1 but the best was the big brit fights when you had to get the town stones and the factions were at war and shit. Or the order/chaos. Ill explain, anywhere outside of a town any mother fucker could attack you and kill you, doing so would get them 1 murder count. I believe it was 8 hrs for a murder count to wear off, 5 of them make you 'red' (classified as a murderer) so you couldnt go into town without being guardwhacked (guards appear and kill j00 in 1 hit) Then you could steal (i miss this most) from anyone anywhere but it would make it so anyone could attack you and the guards could be called on you. Stealing was so fucking pimp. Gahh that needs implemented in WoW.

All guilds could go order, chaos, neutral. Order/chaos can fight anywhere anytime no consequences. Warring guilds the same. Then the faction wars you had to get a town stone and bring it to your town, there were 4 factions that could fight anywhere, was a lot of fun.

I really miss the game because it was just so fucking fun. They killed it with adding elves and orc and trolls and shit as playable and then ninjas and all the other fuckin expansions. Iono, i'd love to show you the game how it was when i fell in love with it biggs. If i ever find a real server up (there might be one still) ill show you the awesomeness:D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's