Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Would some new maps on WCS be refreshing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This thread is rather useless though because if you wanted new maps, you'd just put it in the map request thread. Saying you want new maps does nothing, suggesting the new maps will get you somewhere.
Ever heard of AN OPINION POLL? You lose too.
I think new maps would be fun! It would be great to play rats or something! While we're at it, let's destroy teleports.:D
Opinion poll is rather pointless when you can already do it.

It's like saying, "Do you think Piston should be banned?" When he already is banned. You're just doing something that can already be done.

Opinions are used for change, like your girlfriend asking you if the dress she wears makes her look fat.

A real opinion poll on this topic would be "Do you like the current maps on WCS?" The way your poll says it, it shows that you -want- new maps. Which is what the map request topic is for.
Biggs,Sep 17 2006, 04:36 PM Wrote:Opinion poll is rather pointless when you can already do it.

It's like saying, "Do you think Piston should be banned?" When he already is banned. You're just doing something that can already be done.

Opinions are used for change, like your girlfriend asking you if the dress she wears makes her look fat.

A real opinion poll on this topic would be "Do you like the current maps on WCS?" The way your poll says it, it shows that you -want- new maps. Which is what the map request topic is for.
very well put Biggs... you deserve $5:D

/just sad he got to say it before i did:(
Biggs,Sep 17 2006, 09:36 AM Wrote:Opinion poll is rather pointless when you can already do it.
Make sense please.

Quote:It's like saying, "Do you think Piston should be banned?" When he already is banned. You're just doing something that can already be done.
For nothing more than entertainment purposes, by all means, please explain how you came to the absurd conclusion that this poll and a poll about whether or not people think Pistons should be banned, have anything in common.

Quote:Opinions are used for change, like your girlfriend asking you if the dress she wears makes her look fat.
Umm, wrong. Opinion polls are primarily used to determine what the majority thinks. You're a teenager so you're certainly old enough to know this (unless you have a learning disability). Here, I'll even give you an analogy except unlike yours, mine will be relevant and make sense; "Do you like root beer?" Posing that question alone has no relation to trying to initiate change. Why do I even have to point this out?

Quote:A real opinion poll on this topic would be "Do you like the current maps on WCS?" The way your poll says it, it shows that you -want- new maps. Which is what the map request topic is for.
Is this supposed to be a joke? Polling people on whether or not they like the current maps on WCS has nothing to do with whether or not they think adding new maps would be refreshing.

And lastly, the 'map request' thread Womb started is in the internal forum which obviously excludes every single non-Wroaw WCS patron, who makes up the majority of players.

So as I said... You lose.
Yaaaay fiiiight.

I use my examples to bring out points so you can see it comes from other points of view as well, but considering how you're single-minded, I guess it doesn't help you.

I don't see how you can't understand the first statement when it has no big words in it. Voicing your opinion is pointless when you can already do what the opinion states. We can already request new maps. Let me use another example that has no correlation to new maps, but has the same idea.

We all know about Bill Clinton and how he was impeached. Now lets say Fox News being the retarded people they are make a poll "Do you think Bill Clinton should've been impeached?" That poll is pointless because he's already impeached, just like how you've already had chances to make new map requests. Asking if we want new maps is pointless when we already can do it.

They don't have anything in common, like I said above, it's a simple explanation to help people stupid enough who are single-minded like you to help comprehend the meaning of my post. When you give examples, they aren't supposed to have any type of correlation to the original topic, that's what makes them examples.

Opinions can have multiple purposes, and you struck another purpose for opinions. Oh noes! You called me a teenager! I must be too young to know anything! Being younger and knowing more is always funner at the end. Now like said before, we already have the map request thread, and considering how everyone is voting yes and no one actually requests a new map, it seems like this is a false poll?

Liking the current maps have everything to do with adding new maps. If you dislike the current maps, then you will want to add new maps. If you like the current maps, you won't care about adding now maps. If you're just plain bored of the current maps, then you will want new maps. Through my eyes, you're the one joking.

We have no non-Wroaw "Patron"
pa‧tron  /ˈpeɪtrən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pey-truhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, esp. a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.
2. a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause, charity, institution, special event, or the like: a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.

Now if you said a regular and not patron, then you might've won on that point.

I like how you try to make fun of me as you do your little post, makes it funner.

Oh yeah, sorry I'm too lazy to quote stuff, each paragraph goes with each thingy I guess.
Biggsy Wrote:We all know about Bill Clinton and how he was impeached. Now lets say Fox News being the retarded people they are make a poll "Do you think Bill Clinton should've been impeached?" That poll is pointless because he's already impeached, just like how you've already had chances to make new map requests. Asking if we want new maps is pointless when we already can do it.
Polls like these and the Bill Clinton examples you have are used to know what the public thinks! It just lets people voice their opinion. Almost all of the time, they have no power behind the results! They didn't make the poll to try and change something. They only wanted the people's voice.:(

Let's just calm down and not make a big deal of a simple poll.:)
Biggsy #2 Wrote:Being younger and knowing more is always funner at the end.

I like how you try to make fun of me as you do your little post, makes it funner.
Ouch, funner isn't a word.:(
Bill Clinton was never impeached, as far as I know.

If you want maps, request new maps. This poll is pointless. Making a thread in this forum asking people to give suggestions for new maps if they wanted them would have been a better idea. Also, why do your polls always have biased answers? The no is almost always paired with something insulting.

EDIT: Don't say you don't get angry/upset/involved with what is said/done on the internet. As far as I can tell, you either ACT like you care quite often, or you actually do. So don't lie about it. I myself can get worked up quite easily over something said over the internet, and I'm not too high and mighty to admit it.
Blizzard,Sep 17 2006, 10:19 PM Wrote:Let's just calm down and not make a big deal of a simple poll.:)
I'm not mad or anything, it's just like what the great douchebag dux said once.

[10:11:57] <SniperducK`> dont bother paying attention to Biggs, o[x_X]o
[10:12:05] <SniperducK`> nothing better to do, highschoolers

Bill Clinton was impeached, one of the two presidents who have been impeached.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/bc42.html

Quote:In 1998, as a result of issues surrounding personal indiscretions with a young woman White House intern, Clinton was the second U.S. president to be impeached by the House of Representatives.

Being impeached just for purgery.:(
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's