Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Breakfast Series: DAY 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
INGREDIENTS
bakery-fresh sesame bagel
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sweet cream butter
colby jack cheese
mayo
salt & freshly ground pepper
Starbucks Frappuccino® Coffee Drink (vanilla) *NOT PICTURED
[Image: breakfast-51.png]

PREPARATION
1) Pre-cook the bacon in the oven @ 350degrees until desired texture is achieved (I prefer chewy rather than crispy). You can also pan-fry the bacon.
2) Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat.
3) Once the butter starts to bubble, put egg in the pan, and lightly salt. Grind an amount of fresh peppercorn and sprinkle on top to your liking.
WARNING: Getting egg shells in your eggs will shrink your penor so don't do it! That goes especially for those of you who don't have much to begin with! (ie: Coca)
4) After about 2 minutes, gently use a spatula or other cooking utensil to flip the eggs. Lightly salt & pepper again.
WARNING: Remember, we want the yolk nice & warm but still in liquid form mmmkay! Gentle is the key.
5) Cook for about another minute or so.
6) Cut the bagel in half and toast in a toaster or in the oven using the broiler.
7) Melt a couple slices of colby jack cheese on the top half of the bagel by either using a microwave or in the oven using the broiler.
WARNING: Be cautious not to over-cook the cheese! We want it melted, not burnt!
8) Place the egg on the bottom half of the bagel, apply the desired amount of mayo, add a couple slices of bacon, and finally place the top half of the bagel.
9) Eat or devour.
[Image: breakfast-52.png]

REVIEW
This review is bittersweet as it is the last installment in the breakfast series. I had to decide, over-the-top or short and sweet... Due to time restrictions, I went with short and sweet.

As you can see, there isn't much to this breakfast but it still packs a lot of flavor and substance. I wound up using a little more cheese than I prefer but I was in a hurry and not paying much attention. Luckily things didn't get too out of hand. While I used a sesame bagel you can certainly use whichever kind is to your liking. Blueberry bagels, egg bagels, strawberry bagels, etc. are just a few examples. Also, I use real mayo which is in my opinion, the only mayo. Some argue in favor of Miracle Whip which is advertised as a dressing. The debate over which is better rages on.

Cook time from start to now-thats-what-Im-talkin-about is approximately 5 minutes after the bacon is ready. You can shorten the bacons cook time by using a microwave although it might be at the expense of taste. Consumption times will vary depending on your appetite and how many chins you currently have.

[Image: breakfast-53.png]

FINAL THOUGHTS
This breakfast is quick yet very filling. One serving should be enough for the average person but if you are a Sir Chubbs-A-Lot then you can also garnish the breakfast with a couple sausage links or slices of left-over bacon. This selection should easily tide you over til lunch. Since it is a little fattening, you'll want to remember to do some cardio or buy bigger pants.

NOTE: Orange juice (preferrably fresh) is the perfect drink compliment to this breakfast therefore it's highly recommended!

Rating: **** w/orange juice, *** 1/2 without
Looks very delicious! I would eat it in a second.:D
looks scrumptious... another breakfast well made, sir senate!
I'm fat, everything you made is good:)
lol
Wish I had one right now. <.<
Yummy! Count me in, minus the mayo. I like it on all sandwiches except ones with egg:o
Yea no mayo and im all for it. Perhaps on a cressant as well.
Mmm, a fresh croissant! B) Very nice Womb. Very nice indeed!
Looks sexy.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's