Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Breakfast Series: DAY 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
INGREDIENTS
2 large eggs
1 bottle Cholula Hot Sauce
sweet cream butter
hash browns (frozen or homemade)
salt
freshly ground pepper
Starbucks Frappuccino® Coffee Drink (vanilla)
[Image: breakfast-41.png]

PREPARATION
1) Cook hash browns accordingly (bake in oven or pan fry).
2) Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat.
3) Once the butter starts to bubble, put both eggs in the pan, and lightly salt. Grind an amount of fresh peppercorn and sprinkle on top to your liking.
WARNING: Do not be a nubbins and get any egg shells in the pan! Egg shells are not flavorful and eating them may result is cutting your gums or chipping your tooth enamel.
4) After about 2 minutes, gently use a spatula or other cooking utensil to flip the eggs. Lightly salt & pepper again.
WARNING: Remember, we are not making scrambled eggs so do not break the yolks! Gentle is the key.
5) Cook for about another minute or so.
6) Gently place the cooked eggs onto a plate and apply the desired amount of hot sauce.
7) Eat with fork.

WARNING: Over-cooking the yolks will RUIN this breakfast! Your goal is to cook the eggs as 'over-easy', meaning the whites are cooked and the yolks are warm & runny.
[Image: breakfast-42.png]

REVIEW
After going several days without time for breakfast, I was finally able to continue with the next installment in the breakfast series. I made one vital mistake... I did not consider my current stock of breakfast food supplies. None-the-less I was able to throw something together.

As you can see I elected to cut up my eggs after adding the hot sauce. I then smeared them around a little bit making sure to touch the hash browns. I highly recommend this method as it creates a nice mixture of flavors with every bite. This breakfast is very straight forward but care should be taken when cooking the eggs. As previously warned, over-cooking the yolks will ruin the breakfast and you'll be forced to either start over or change the menu to a scrambled egg dish which is less than satisfying when you're set on this one. Time from start to happily-satisfied-stomach was about 5 minutes (except the hash browns). As usual, consumption times will vary depending on your level of hunger and body fat percentage.

[Image: breakfast-43.png]

FINAL THOUGHTS
The beauty in this breakfast is its simplicity. If cooked correctly, it's a very pleasing way to start your day. The hardest part is flipping the eggs without breaking the yolks but with a little practice you will learn the proper technique. Additionally, if a second serving is desired it may be prepared in just minutes. The breakfast is also robust and may be enhanced by other items such as toast, a couple sausage links, or whatever additions you find acceptable.

Rating: ****
not my kinda breakfast.
FUCK yes, though you could have put a bit more hot sauce on.:(
looks amazing
im hungry.
Looks good.
Hrm, I'm undecided.

You always have such classy breakfasts, Senate, I like to have a swig of Coke with some Doritos!:ph34r:
damn that looks good *drools*
yes yes yes :D
I'd vote Yes now. I am starving!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's