Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Weight!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
you know those electronic devices that detect your % body fat? well a friend wanted to do mine for some health class he was in. he was doing a surver.... well, the display on mine read "ERR" ... too low to register <_<
Underdog,Jul 3 2006, 09:37 AM Wrote:you know those electronic devices that detect your % body fat? well a friend wanted to do mine for some health class he was in. he was doing a surver.... well, the display on mine read "ERR" ... too low to register <_<
Hax!
never used a real body fat % test thing but here are two [inaccurate] estimates:
Estimate #1 based on height and weight
Your "Ponderal Index" is 13.39 which gives an estimated body fat of 5.6% ( 9.1 pounds of fat)

Estimate #2 based on waist size and weight
Estimated body fat of 13.0% (21.1 pounds of fat)

wtf?!i go from 5.6% to 13%... accuracy ftw
The only way to get an accurate one is to go to the doctor. They have to do skin pinches and measure how much fat there is. Any online measurement or weight/height chart will be inaccurate.;)
lol i noticed. look at this one:

Results:
Using your measurements of a 30 inches waist and weight of 160 pounds your body fat percentage is estimated to be -6.04 % using the U.S. Navy body fat formula, or 2.91 % using the formula developed by the YMCA.

NEGATIVE 6.04% and 2.91% where above it was 13% and 5.6%

ACCURACY FTW!!!!
You can get scales that will tell you. You have to enter your age, gender, height, and then weigh yourself. Those will also be inaccurate but if you're trying to get a lower body fat percentage, it will should you a consistant inaccurate rate. There will still be benefits.:D
There are also some that are like that but send electricity through you and measure the resistance. (I guess fat causes resistance.)

They're limited to like a minimum of 3-7% though.
no thx. im not up for shock therapy
Plot,Jul 3 2006, 03:26 PM Wrote:no thx. im not up for shock therapy
Umm...you don't feel it. It's a weak electrical pulse.
Who cares about body fat percentages anyway. Let's just continue to call Dwopple fat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's