Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unban Xanatos
11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Unban Xanatos
It all started on one night, a Wroaw member made a vote to have Xanatos permanently banned from the WCS server in the members only thread and the vote passed. Immediate action was taken. A clean protest was underway. One individual even made a decal and started passing it out to the regulars in the server. Many of the regulars began wearing (UNBAN XANATOS) tags in their names. There's even been people being Xanatos imposters. Many players are quite angry about the ban. They say there was no 'formal' warning given out to Xanatos himself. After all, Wroaw like could've sent him a private message in the forums, sent him an email, or told him on AIM. Now you'll probably say, oh we warned him plenty of times! Over CS? Does that really count? I don't think that gives the message very well by kicking him a few times...It wasn't really right to give him the ban so soon...I myself have been kicked plenty of times, all in good fun with the admins, Xanatos probably thought you were kidding around.

So, Xanatos doesn't have the best of attitudes. That's just the way he is and you have to accept him for his arrogant personality. He even told me that he is willing to retire using HLSS and delete all his sounds and unbind all the keys. Sure, this ban has definetly got the message through; however, quite a few people strongly believe this is very unjust. Really, did you ever think of the question, 'Why was Xanatos banned?' Obviously it has to do with HLSS. But is that all? Maybe it's the way he acts and his personality, you just have to accept him for that, there are plenty of other people who are more annoying than him and don't get banned. Sure, he can be mouthy but as long as i've known him hes not one to start an argument. I may pwn him every now and then, and he obviously isn't the best CS player of everyone in the server, but without him, there is something missing in the server.

Sure, sometimes his HLSS needed to be stopped but sometimes it wasn't a problem. He can change, you know. I speak for many players when I say we miss him. People are complaining and they all want him back in the server. I say give him a second chance, he can change. After all he's never, to my knowledge, been banned before, and he only just started playing on the server like a month ago and this is his first ban. Do you feel it is right to ban him after such a short period of time, given no real second chances? I'll be honest, he needed to be warned because of his behavior, and he told me numerous times he's gonna do his best to change from now on.

So yes, this ban was a good thing. But should it be permanent? I'll recap again that he's only been playing in the server for about a month and hes never been banned...Don't you think he deserves a second chance? Look at how the server has reacted to the ban and how much people care about him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2004, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2004 11:00 AM by a hobbit.)
Unban Xanatos
as the first to reply, I'd like to see him unbanned. If you chose to ban him because he played HLSS a lot and was occasionally bitchy about something, I'm sure there'd be many people you'd ban. Of course none of us non-wroaw members have actually seen what the real causes for xanatos' ban was, and i know the ultimate decision lies in your hands, but many would like to see Xanatos back.

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Unban Xanatos
I agree. A permanent ban was very harsh, he's already learned his lesson. Besides, it's just a game, let him play!

Dwoppers says:
hands in ur pantz
•๋● Coca | <3 Elaine says:
o
lol
get ur hands out my pants
Dwoppers says:
wat
Dwoppers says:
no
Dwoppers says:
erm
HAHAHAHAHA
11-15-2004, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2004 11:07 AM by Womb-Raider.)
Unban Xanatos
YouLittleWankas,Nov 15 2004, 12:55 AM Wrote:So, Xanatos doesn't have the best of attitudes. That's just the way he is and you have to accept him for his arrogant personality.
Ha says who? you. Fuck dat.

I warned him a lot, kicked many times temp banned and told him next time it would be perm. So yes, i banned him. Now on this members only thread... wtf i never saw this. I just decided one night I had enuff so i banned him. If you dont think its fair go get your own server and let him play there.

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
Find all posts by this user
11-15-2004, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2004 11:11 AM by Xanatos.)
Unban Xanatos
If you call a 'warning' just a kick....I don't think that really seemed to help.

Quote:...there was no 'formal' warning given out to Xanatos himself. After all, Wroaw like could've sent him a private message in the forums, sent him an email, or told him on AIM. Now you'll probably say, oh we warned him plenty of times! Over CS? Does that really count? I don't think that gives the message very well by kicking him a few times...

That part speaks for itself.....thank you wankas

EDIT: I don't ever recall being warned of a perm. ban EVER

[Image: wroaw_sig.jpg]
11-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Unban Xanatos
If we cant warn someone in the game why they should shut the fuck up and stop doing something we should have to go out of our way to warn them? I think temp ban is a good formal warning.

<Doomz`mew> We did...

11-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Unban Xanatos
Quote:If we cant warn someone in the game

Woah woah woah wait stop right there, isn't a game meant for PLAYING?

11-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Unban Xanatos
YouLittleWankas,Nov 15 2004, 12:55 AM Wrote:Maybe it's the way he acts and his personality, you just have to accept him for that, there are plenty of other people who are more annoying than him and don't get banned.
Bleh, he controls the way he acts, he forms his own life... He can control his personality or way he acts... not like he's a robot and programmed to be annoying...
11-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Unban Xanatos
Xanatos,Nov 15 2004, 01:12 AM Wrote:
Quote: If we cant warn someone in the game

Woah woah woah wait stop right there, isn't a game meant for PLAYING?
Yes its meant for playing, go play.... somewhere else.

<Doomz`mew> We did...

11-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Unban Xanatos
Interesting

Thread Closed