Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Admin Abuse
10-27-2007, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2007 07:25 AM by Romo.)
Admin Abuse
If this is in the wrong place, its totally my bad. I'll start by saying that i play the nipper map server frequently and it is a lot of fun. But today while i was in there i witnessed some admin giving no clip out, killing people while in god mode and no clip, changing weapons, just overall being a dick. I'm apart of XXLPROS.net and an admin on their servers so i know what to do when someone is abusing. I did not know who was the admin, but i took a couple steam ids from people were suspected of being admin. First one was a guy named [negro]silence or something:
STEAM_0:1:5743800. The second guy was Ownage | cody + admin, or something close to it: STEAM_0:1:10271649. I took a demo, uploaded it to file front. http://files.filefront.com/codydem/;8895...einfo.html. I know this is the kind of thing that drives players out of servers and keeps them from coming back. So i thought i would help out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2007, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2007 06:58 AM by The Senate.)
Admin Abuse
First of all, I was the person on earlier and I wasn't giving people no clip. We have a custom command that allows our admins to 'ghost' people or a team. And I was ghosting both T's and CT's. Next, we have another custom command that allows our admins to set rounds to a certain weapon only. In this case, nade-only and scout-only.

I'm personally sick of people like you who whine their ass off the second we use any of our plugins and cry "ADMIN ABUSE!!!!!". Thankfully those types are in the minority.

I won't be apologizing for giving the teams ghost, and I won't be apologizing for setting nade-only and scout-only rounds. Sorry to disappoint.

I'm also sick of all the god damn shit-talking, and I'm not the only admin who feels that way so don't be surprised if you get kicked and/or temp-banned for it if you participate in it.

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> i think im officially a geek.
<Stephen> im laying in my bathtub
<Stephen> right now
<Stephen> with my laptop :-D
10-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Admin Abuse
Yeah that admin with bad spelling and no Wroaw tag banned me about 10 min ago for 50 min. Its not really the ban im complaining about its that he was abusing, doing exactly what Romo said. I play the 1.6 server a lot, and I usually don't have a problem with anyone. This is the first time I've experience admin abuse on WCS. I wasn't doing anything wrong. You might of said I was being a little harsh to him. Criticizing him for his abuse, and bad spelling, but thats about it. Well hope you take care of it. I hate bad admins, and I hate being banned from the server, its really the only reason why I play 1.6 anymore, and uh if anyones on right now feel free to unban me, and until then or 50 min from now I'll be playing some zombie mod.
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2007, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2007 07:01 AM by The Senate.)
Admin Abuse
Umm, .44 Caliber Love Letter, you forgot to mention that the only reason you were banned was because a VOTE to do so was created and PASSED.

If you've gotten the message, I have no problem unbanning you now if you provide your steam ID. Otherwise, it will automatically be lifted in 50.

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> right now
10-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Admin Abuse
No disrespect intended, but is that an example you really want to set? I enjoy playing on the server, talking to people, arguing, but i honestly do not like when someone comes in and disrupts the server. In my opinion i do not think it is wise to mess around with the whole server while people are 30 people are playing.
10-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Admin Abuse
Well you forgot to mention that you wanted me to be banned for 100 min, but people voted for me on that one, and then you but the "Gayibear" vote for 50 min right after that. I don't want to waste your time with unbanning me or anything, and I'm not trying to cause problems on the server. I apologize for pissing you off, and Romo I agree with you here. I already disliked the map we were on. Battlefield rush 2. Is already extremely one sided, and when you give the terrorists levitation abilities, and not the CTs it just gets ridiculous.
I have no problems with scout rounds, and what not, but crap like that is annoying.
10-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Admin Abuse
Votebans are 30 minutes unless you bant him for an hr. As for your complaints, we have a ghost cmd now:D? I wanna try it! And if you really wanna whine about some abuse, wait til im on and feel like playing with the monsters:)The rest of this seems kind of useless but i agree on the shit talker agruement. I've been banning them for a while now for 5 10 or 15 minutes. Most of them come back and repeat and the treatment continues. I think i bound zeros keys to kill once and then didnt see him for like 3 days, was nice.

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
10-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Admin Abuse
Do you have any idea how many people request weapon-only rounds, or ghost rounds, or bla bla bla? We certainly can't please everybody but our server has been around for years and has maintained its popularity consistently so we're not too worried about the 'example we set'. We've been thanked countless times for offering a public server with so many fun & different options. People even request we do things to them that end in death, for example "admin set me on fire please!!", "admin blind me please!!", or "admin make me a beacon please!!". Seems to me that the example we set is just fine, ...even if a few people complain from time to time.

Btw, please don't assume you speak for the entire WCS population. What's disrupting to you is fun for other people and there's proof of it on damn near every map. People appear to have fun while others whine & cry for whatever reason.

Lastly, I respect you have your opinions on how we should run our server. However, we've been deciding that for ourselves for years and the server is still going strong so I don't think we're in need of any advice. ;)

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> right now
10-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Admin Abuse
Womb-Raider,Oct 26 2007, 02:23 PM Wrote:Votebans are 30 minutes unless you bant him for an hr. As for your complaints, we have a ghost cmd now:D? I wanna try it!
Womb there's a post in Internal with all the commands!! You've been missin' out I guess! B)

Btw, the first voteban was for 100 but it didn't pass but a couple people said half that was reasonable so I made another one @ 50 and the rest is history!

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> right now
10-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Admin Abuse
There's no point of having mods if you don't use them. We use our mods in this server, and the command we love the most is amx_ban. Get used to it, because we like to have fun, and we don't play on WCS to get the same experience you can get from any other server. We play to mess around and have fun.