Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Admin Abuse
10-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Admin Abuse
a hobbit,Oct 26 2007, 05:20 PM Wrote:all i know is, dont catch an admin on a bad day.
Especially me, cuz holy jesus I'll rip into people like no other.... :ph34r:

[Image: wroawbar.jpg]
Quote:[18:58] <@slxbot> SniperducK`: Stephen - Greek in origin, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen is just about the coolest male name. Whether it's prnounced 'Stef-an' or 'Steve-en' doesn't matter, it's just awesome. Steph and Stevie are also the coolest nicknames.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Admin Abuse
Sveach,Oct 26 2007, 06:21 PM Wrote:
a hobbit,Oct 26 2007, 05:20 PM Wrote:all i know is, dont catch an admin on a bad day.
lol yeah the other day i was on and some guys were glitching a wall on 35hp and i just slapped em like crazy then slayed. its a pain to glitch up a wall, then catch them on the other side. -.-

whats even funnier is i was tagged as Wroaw//a hobbit and they didn't know who the admin was o.o shows how much influence we have on our own server lmao.

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Admin Abuse
Sveach,Oct 26 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:
Catching me on a bad day will land you a 3 day ban...but I don't play so feel relieved.:P

And hobbit, remember, it's not really our discretion, it's a responsibility not a right.

"You know I fuck at life." - Pirate
[20:57:27] <pir8`buddha> i need to wank it tonight
[20:57:40] <pir8`buddha> and by 'it' i mean my penis
[20:57:47] <pir8`buddha> and by 'wank' i mean masturbate
[20:58:00] <pir8`buddha> and by 'tonight' i mean im typing with one hand
10-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Admin Abuse
Dum3z,Oct 26 2007, 06:23 PM Wrote:
Sveach,Oct 26 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:
Catching me on a bad day will land you a 3 day ban...but I don't play so feel relieved.:P

And hobbit, remember, it's not really our discretion, it's a responsibility not a right.
well hmm i guess wat i really meant was more like, its going to be really really really hard to stop an admin abuser and be able to get them to lose their admin considering how much trust we put into each admin and how little we are all on to see exactly what happened o.o. thus it sort of lets admins do their own thing. of course i dont support abuse o.o

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
10-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Admin Abuse
I concur that Romo took a more mature approach then most so he can have a cookie for that. However, he doesn't speak for or represent the whole community. Theres always been and always will be people who don't like this or that. Like I said, it's impossible to please everyone. And it's absurd, in my opinion, to think that alternating 'ghost' between the teams or setting weapon rounds constitutes some kind of "abuse" or "admin happy". Especially on a server where it's common.

The shit talking thing is not about somebody being called a name, or someone name calling. As you point out Sv, who cares. It's all the spamming (text and mic) that's the issue here. One asswipe acts like a douche in his mic and 5 other people get on their mics all telling him to shut up. The minimalist approach is get rid of the source of the problem and order will be restored. We don't have llama/gag so what other option is there? Ignore him, along with all the complaints from other players about it?

I'm not going to make assumptions on why people join forums whether they have genuine reason or it's just to bitch about something.

And for the multiple, or as many people who complain about this plugin, or that plugin, there are just as many if not more who enjoy them. The large majority has fun so should everything stop because one or two guys don't like it?

From what I've seen most people enjoy ghost and weapon rounds, and also the reason they're requested so much. Because of that I have to completely disagree they "don't work".

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> i think im officially a geek.
<Stephen> im laying in my bathtub
<Stephen> right now
<Stephen> with my laptop :-D
10-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Admin Abuse
.44 Caliber Love Letter,Oct 26 2007, 03:12 PM Wrote:I don't know if it was you or not Womb-Raider, but there was an admin on xmas_nipperhouse making monsters for us to kill. I thought that was pretty cool.
Thanks, this actually proves one of my points. Half the people will think this is fun and cool. The other half wil insist it's "abuse" and complain to no end.

Romo suggests that "at some point you have to draw the line between Fun and Abuse" and I agree. I also believe that the admins of the server tend to be the best judge of what constitutes abuse. Our admins, for the most part, have a good track record for admitting it when they've abused. Heck, some of us (*cough* Womb *cough* ;)) wear it like a badge of honor.

Sorry, I can't be convinced that alternating team-ghost and weapon rounds in any way can justify accusing an admin of abuse. I've been known to give everyone $16,000 at round start too. OMG I'M SUCH AN ABUSER!!!

This shit is ridiculous.

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> right now
10-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Admin Abuse
Quote:That's why a while ago I suggested the theme day thing, where a certain day of the week we do different gun rounds, etc.

I played on a server a couple of months ago before it closed. This server had a mod day every Sunday, they would put on a bunch of mods, and what not. That worked out pretty good.
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Admin Abuse
.44 Caliber Love Letter,Oct 26 2007, 03:48 PM Wrote:
Quote:That's why a while ago I suggested the theme day thing, where a certain day of the week we do different gun rounds, etc.

I played on a server a couple of months ago before it closed. This server had a mod day every Sunday, they would put on a bunch of mods, and what not. That worked out pretty good.
We also tend to play themed maps around the holidays. I can tell you that xmas_nipperhouse and xmas_lodge (or whatever it's called) gets enormous playtime during christmas!

<Stephen> so uh
<Stephen> right now
10-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Admin Abuse
I only give out ghost-mode to those who are nice players and never cause trouble. I only give it to Young Zeratul really. He's usually on the server when I am, and he always says hi and is generally nice. So when he asks for ghostmode I usually comply...

I also use amx_cash on some people, either as a random surprise, or when they use RTD and go bankrupt or something ^^

I only slap for fun, and I make campers drunk/blind.

When it comes to maps I am kinda guilty of changing it to something cooler than what was voted. For example, ow_cc_crazytank (or whatever) is not really cool, so I will change it to something like ken_west. Most of the time no one notices or complains! That's as far as I go really, the rest is legitimate admin use:)

Dwoppers says:
hands in ur pantz
•๋● Coca | <3 Elaine says:
o
lol
get ur hands out my pants
Dwoppers says:
wat
Dwoppers says:
no
Dwoppers says:
erm
HAHAHAHAHA
10-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Admin Abuse
The Nipper server was the first server i played on ever. Then i went to condition zero and started playing in the xxl servers. I didn't know much about you guys on here and i haven't experienced something like that on the server. Now that it is clarified to me what happened, I'll keep enjoying that server. Thanks.