Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Admin Abuse
10-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Admin Abuse
Well, thats your choice and i can't change that. Since this is the first time its happened to me while playing im not gonna make a big deal about it. I know how people say "turn me into a rocket" "Bury me" Ban me you pussy, do it." But I usually just do that to the INDIVIDUAL, not the teams. If you don't want my advice you don't have to take it. And if you say that people "whine and cry about everything" and thats how you approach your reports.....i dont know.. good luck i guess.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Admin Abuse
It's abuse if it's done to one person. If everyone gets an equal share of it then it's not really abuse. Of course we can all say something stupid like "what if it's a ban!" We aren't talking about that though.

If you give one guy noclip, one will bitch that he's getting advantage or something. You give everyone noclip, it's a fair game.

You bury one t, then it's abuse because you're picking on that one person. You bury everyone, you're showing equal hatred of every douche in the server.
10-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Admin Abuse
I just have one thing to say about this:

Tigger wrote the rules for our server, and one of them is that you are here to help the players. And I prefer a minimalist approach to this as well. Meaning, the less we do, the better. We have admin so that we can slay people that block, ban hackers, and etc.

I don't mind the fun plugins at all. Trust me, I think they're great. They're a lot of fun to play with. But when people complain that admins are abusing the commands, I tend to listen. It has to piss them off a good bit, because otherwise they wouldn't take the time to register on our forums, and write up a post as shown. Personally, I think Romo was very mature in his posting, made a demo, etc.

And the whole shit talking thing...get over it! Are we back in high school? Someone called you a name. Get over it.

The only reason I'm saying all of this is because I've had multiple people complain about the amount of useless plugins on the server, and how they take away from the gameplay. Our server is famous because of hook, RTD, and nipper maps. It's what made us one of the top 5 servers for 1.6 for awhile. Clearly, that works well. What doesn't work well is a server where people are constantly being given 'ghost', gun changes, etc. Is it fun every now and then? Sure. That's why a while ago I suggested the theme day thing, where a certain day of the week we do different gun rounds, etc.

[Image: wroawbar.jpg]
Quote:[18:58] <@slxbot> SniperducK`: Stephen - Greek in origin, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen is just about the coolest male name. Whether it's prnounced 'Stef-an' or 'Steve-en' doesn't matter, it's just awesome. Steph and Stevie are also the coolest nicknames.
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2007, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2007 07:46 AM by Romo.)
Admin Abuse
I really do not want to get into a debate here. How you run your servers is completely up to you. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't some new admin going "Admin happy."
10-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Admin Abuse
First person ive seen whos come to these forums (regarding the server) who's used correct grammar, or at least an iq higher than that of a cup of frozen yogurt.

[Image: sleepysheepcopy.jpg]
10-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Admin Abuse
sleepy-sheep,Oct 26 2007, 05:02 PM Wrote:First person ive seen whos come to these forums (regarding the server) who's used correct grammar, or at least an iq higher than that of a cup of frozen yogurt.
Oh I don't know...I've seen a couple people above the yogurt line.

"You know I fuck at life." - Pirate
[20:57:27] <pir8`buddha> i need to wank it tonight
[20:57:40] <pir8`buddha> and by 'it' i mean my penis
[20:57:47] <pir8`buddha> and by 'wank' i mean masturbate
[20:58:00] <pir8`buddha> and by 'tonight' i mean im typing with one hand
10-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Admin Abuse
I don't know if it was you or not Womb-Raider, but there was an admin on xmas_nipperhouse making monsters for us to kill. I thought that was pretty cool.
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Admin Abuse
I hear what you guys are saying about having fun with your commands. There is nothing more fun then when a a user is being disrespectful and/or a racist. You can screw with him because you know there is nothing he/she can do about it. But at some point you have to draw the line between Fun and Abuse. O and i only have good grammar, because I am in High School.
10-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Admin Abuse
Romo,Oct 26 2007, 05:16 PM Wrote:I hear what you guys are saying about having fun with your commands. There is nothing more fun then when a a user is being disrespectful and/or a racist. You can screw with him because you know there is nothing he/she can do about it. But at some point you have to draw the line between Fun and Abuse. O and i only have good grammar, because I am in High School.
So are a lot of people who bitch on this forum, yet you'd be surprised how awful they speak. I've spoken like this since I was 13, and it annoys me trying to decipher a bunch of "lol u wnt 2 da fjskldajlsdjlksfd" (I got lazy trying to replicate it).

"You know I fuck at life." - Pirate
[20:57:27] <pir8`buddha> i need to wank it tonight
[20:57:40] <pir8`buddha> and by 'it' i mean my penis
[20:57:47] <pir8`buddha> and by 'wank' i mean masturbate
[20:58:00] <pir8`buddha> and by 'tonight' i mean im typing with one hand
10-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Admin Abuse
ill just let you know now that all the admins (except one) are wroaw members and have pretty much been in the clan for quite a long time, or at least have been known for a long time. it is sort of up to their discretion on how they want to use their admin powers, but i definitely prefer tiger's way of doing it too. theres only one non-wroaw admin who's just a super regular since a lot of wroaw members dont play actively on wcs anymore. im pretty sure he doesnt abuse tho... heck im not sure if he even has the permissions for the custom mods.

all i know is, dont catch an admin on a bad day.

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."