Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
portal
10-14-2007, 02:38 PM
portal
anyone else find portal lacking in both length and difficulty? i think that it is a disappointment at how short the main story is.

[19:07:16] <coca> lolbeans
[19:07:39] <coca> i planted some lolbeans and grew a lollertree

[21:13:27] <Dwoppers> WATZ WIF THE POEM OR W/E
[21:13:34] <Dwoppers> lol, bet its gnona be all gay andp ink and stuff
[21:13:39] <plot> like your room>
[21:13:42] <coca> ur face is gay and pink
[21:13:55] <coca> little cockmagician
[21:14:33] <coca> a good cockmagician never chokes on the same dick twice

[15:48] <SirTiger> Groovy-oh

[23:52] <}8]> dwop made two aim's and cybered himself

[21:57] <Doomz`lap> My parents liekep drinking me margriats
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> I sear
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> Theyre adryint gop pisoen me
[21:57] <Doomz`lap> TRYIGNH ESPO TOIN EMSOPEN
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
portal
my friend got it, he said it was one most fun games hes ever played, not to mention the story was pretty damn good. i cant wait to get orange box.

[Image: sleepysheepcopy.jpg]
10-15-2007, 01:36 AM
portal
its fun as hell, but it took me less than 3 hours to beat, and for all the time it seemed to take them to make it, it seemed lacking to me. as for the story, it was good, yeah.

10-15-2007, 02:38 AM
portal
portal was short and extremely extremely sweet.

[Image: sigsimon.jpg]

Sep. 20 2005, Womb-Raider: "Hobit cocktails and hobit cookies.... we just need some hobit strippers."
10-15-2007, 11:41 AM
portal
Plot,Oct 14 2007, 03:36 PM Wrote:its fun as hell, but it took me less than 3 hours to beat, and for all the time it seemed to take them to make it, it seemed lacking to me. as for the story, it was good, yeah.
It was never meant to be like a 20 hour game. It was never meant to be a huge project or even normal game sized.

Portal was absolutely awesome. The time they took to make it was most likely more for episode two and tf2. And also: I am guessing they could have released it earlier but wanted to wait a little closer to the holiday season. Thats my guess.

[Image: p3ngfn5cf8.png]

[Image: wcsadminau8.gif]
10-16-2007, 11:53 AM
portal
p3ng,Oct 14 2007, 08:41 PM Wrote:
Plot,Oct 14 2007, 03:36 PM Wrote:its fun as hell, but it took me less than 3 hours to beat, and for all the time it seemed to take them to make it, it seemed lacking to me. as for the story, it was good, yeah.
It was never meant to be like a 20 hour game. It was never meant to be a huge project or even normal game sized.

Portal was absolutely awesome. The time they took to make it was most likely more for episode two and tf2. And also: I am guessing they could have released it earlier but wanted to wait a little closer to the holiday season. Thats my guess.
i agree with you, but i completed the main part in like 2 - 2.5 hours... i want more, thats all. i also beat hl2 ep 2 in one sitting, while talking with my friend over the mic who was playing it too, we started around the same time and ended about the same time as well... it was so cool. i feel rather nerdy right about now XD

10-16-2007, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2007 12:58 PM by piratebuddha.)
portal
Plot,Oct 13 2007, 11:38 PM Wrote:anyone else find portal lacking in both length and difficulty? i think that it is a disappointment at how short the main story is.
when you beat the game, it unlocks new difficulties and makes it harder...

i beat the game in about 2 hours, twas quite fun...

it was a concept game though, thats why it wasn't that long... interviews i've read have said that the creators wanted to test out the concept to see if they wanted to make expansions, a portal 2, new maps, or just run with it...

it was a nice little add-on that is getting a lot of buzz, so i'm excited about the future.

edit: episode 2 was short (like 5-6 hours) because it was just a 'next chapter'... the idea was the release of tf2, to test out a newer concept (portal), and push the next chapter until they finish the series...

they got a whole shit load to the masses at one time... little bit for everyone...

now they have a solid multiplayer game thats getting a bunch of attention, a game with a completely unique style of play they can expand on, and a little bit more of the story to build up for the conclusion of an award winning series...

in short? valve done gud

[Image: userbar323142zu7.gif]
aka witebuddha, piratebuddha, pumpbuddha, sepukku_master, skeezix, lockless, DragShot

[18:51:08] <Dwoppers> i just googled cock ring
[18:51:09] <Dwoppers> and wtf...

Womb-Raider,Oct 16 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:I would like to be the first to mention, your a fucked up guy.
10-18-2007, 07:23 AM
portal
piratebuddha,Oct 16 2007, 02:55 AM Wrote:
Plot,Oct 13 2007, 11:38 PM Wrote:anyone else find portal lacking in both length and difficulty? i think that it is a disappointment at how short the main story is.
when you beat the game, it unlocks new difficulties and makes it harder...

i beat the game in about 2 hours, twas quite fun...

it was a concept game though, thats why it wasn't that long... interviews i've read have said that the creators wanted to test out the concept to see if they wanted to make expansions, a portal 2, new maps, or just run with it...

it was a nice little add-on that is getting a lot of buzz, so i'm excited about the future.

edit: episode 2 was short (like 5-6 hours) because it was just a 'next chapter'... the idea was the release of tf2, to test out a newer concept (portal), and push the next chapter until they finish the series...

they got a whole shit load to the masses at one time... little bit for everyone...

now they have a solid multiplayer game thats getting a bunch of attention, a game with a completely unique style of play they can expand on, and a little bit more of the story to build up for the conclusion of an award winning series...

in short? valve done gud
amen to that.

and I don't even have orange box yet...

[Image: wOlaf.gif]

dark: Schiet? where is he?
blizzard: He gets his sudden bursts of spam in. Tongue
Find all posts by this user