Index Members Server Files Mail Forum Info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
music related linkage (yay a 3rd topic!)
11-12-2005, 05:52 PM
so hey, music takes up a big part of my life and I hate that a whole section of the wroaw goes to waste with sparse lists and random flaming about who's emo, so i've decided to be constructive:)

music is my everything, and pirating such doubly so

therefor, i like to hear what you guys use for listening to music and some of the cool plugins out there, its easy to just say 'um.. i use winamp' and if that is what you do.. then good for you, but i always like to hear new suggestions of what the internet has to offer, especially plug-in wise

so post links here of LEGAL and preferably free plugins/players you find unique and or helpful to you

to start off, i used winamp for years, but there was always an issue with the amount of music i had, roughly 60 gbs of such, so if i ever tried to load my whole library winamp would just say fuck it and crash

i had to get used to listening to 50 song playlists and such, and the playlist organization was horrid

then a friend mentioned foobar2000 to me

its a free player that looks extremely simple when you first get it, but has fully customizable gui support that allows some cool designs, layouts, and also tabbed playlist broswing which is ever so seemless and sw33t with a capital 3

granted i only recommend it if you are willing to play around with gui and basic scripts to get the full feel of it

plus, it can handle my whole library without any hiccups

second is a handy little plugin made for all the major media players (including winamp, wmp, and foobar) along with this website Audioscrobbler/last.fm (for those wondering, the plugin is named audioscrobbler and just recently they changed their website name to last.fm)

Audioscrobbler is a plugin that (when installed) takes info of what you play (by their id tags) and sends them to this website called 'last.fm' and builds a community around what you listen to

gives you recommendations based off what you and people who listen to what you do

i've picked up on a few bands that were recommended

also, i enjoy keeping track of what i listen to

the only flaws are that you need to HAVE tags set for them to send, so for those pirates out there, if you downloading something that has no tags, it won't show up, which can get annoying if you are trying to broaden your music spectrum on the website

you can see what i listen to at

http://www.last.fm/user/piratebuddha/

(note: my all time listened to track was my alarm clock for a few months, its not like i REALLY REALLY like that one song, just showed up a lot because it would play once a morning)

[Image: userbar323142zu7.gif]
aka witebuddha, piratebuddha, pumpbuddha, sepukku_master, skeezix, lockless, DragShot

[18:51:08] <Dwoppers> i just googled cock ring
[18:51:09] <Dwoppers> and wtf...

Womb-Raider,Oct 16 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:I would like to be the first to mention, your a fucked up guy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2005, 06:40 AM
ill stick to illegal, i didnt read it all

and if you like legal plugins then why do you owe so much to the RIAA

[Image: style5,dwopple.png]
11-13-2005, 10:29 AM
i get confused whats legal and illegal:blink:

PISTONS

EAGLES

[Image: pistons20er.jpg]
[Image: csuser.jpg]
[Image: adidas.gif]
[Image: nike-bar.jpg]
[Image: reebok.jpg]
[Image: sprite.jpg]
[Image: steam.gif]
[Image: spalding.jpg]
11-13-2005, 11:53 AM
http://www.shoutcast.com i believe it is?

[23:51:13:Sat] <Stephen> i try to fuck fat chicks
[23:51:16:Sat] <Stephen> and im a closet homo
[23:50:20:Sat] * Doomz needs to study for a final.
[23:50:23:Sat] <Stephen> go stud

dwopple: i dont like the idea that ill be a mom >.>

<Womb-Raider> me thnks you both lied and had butt seks!
<Doomz`mew> We did...

Pantherx: pastor joshua... i would do him.
Find all posts by this user