Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Can you slide first base?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
you can not slide into first, it makes no sense, sliding slows u down, the only reason players do it is because once you hit 2nd and 3rd u have to stay there u cant run through, 1st on the other hand you can run through, and sliding into home makes it more difficult to be tagged...end of story, you can NOT slide into first, and its not a breakaway base either, so have fun breaking ur ankles, or face.
The question was not "Would any sane person slide first?" it was "Can you slide first?"

You CAN slide, though there's no reason to.
id just hit the fucking ball and run all the way around, but we dont play baseball here just rounders;) (same game smaller bat, less phyco action)
Minidisk,Jul 11 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:id just hit the fucking ball and run all the way around, but we dont play baseball here just rounders;) (same game smaller bat, less phyco action)
OMG ITS MINI!!!
All of you are baseball nubs.

It is against the rules to slide into first when you just hit the ball and you're running to it. You're allowed to slide into first when you're heading back to it though (from a fly ball caught/trying to pick you off).
Biggs,Jul 11 2005, 06:06 PM Wrote:All of you are baseball nubs.

It is against the rules to slide into first when you just hit the ball and you're running to it. You're allowed to slide into first when you're heading back to it though (from a fly ball caught/trying to pick you off).
Of course you are. I thought that we were talking about sliding in to first after you hit the ball. :blink:
Rounders pwns!

and cricket sux.
You're allowed to. Even thought it might not make sense after you hit the ball to slide, you can do whatever you please. You could do a handstand and walk to it, just as long as you get to the base. But if there's a pop fly, the ball is caught, and you need to book it back to first base, then you can slide. That also goes with if you're trying to steal.:o

Entorpy ftw!
You just say that because you dont like me !
Or because I used to play baseball.:P

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's