Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: corners in a circle room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
But as the floor would most likely not be perfectly circular, but rather a regular polygon with dozens to hundreds of sides, it would have 2x as many corners as sides, assuming it had a flat ceiling.
but the question wasnt "an almost perfectly circular room" it was a circular room.. so therefore you need to use the information given
But a better question is, "Is it possible to have a perfectly circular room?"
the answer to that is no BUT you can have a cylindrical room.. technically... but the problem is the method you'd use to go about making one
And I never said a perfectly circular room when you said " but the question wasnt "an almost perfectly circular room" it was a circular room.. so therefore you need to use the information given" .:)

I said the floor would most likely not be perfectly circular.
yes but you can assume that it isnt givin that the question says that it IS
Plot,Feb 15 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:you tell me, if it is a cylindrical room then how can there be corners? there cant because in order to be a cylinder it has to have 2 congruent CIRCULAR bases and circles have NO straight edges
Well what about where the wall meets ceiling and where the wall meets floor? 2 corners right there.
ah very good but im afraid in order to save my own ass- i will have to tell you that i was wrong in saying its not a circular room because thats not the question so its irrelevant

SOOOOOOO whether it is impossible or not the answer still stands as NO there are no corners in a CIRCULAR room
penguin is 10.
duh
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's