Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Breakfast Series: DAY 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
INGREDIENTS
2 large eggs
colby jack cheese
a couple slices of bacon
freshly sliced red bell pepper
freshly chopped green onions
sour cream (mexican style is preferred!)
hash browns (frozen or homemade)
Starbucks Frappuccino® Coffee Drink (vanilla) *NOT PICTURED
[Image: breakfast-31.png][Image: breakfast-34.png]

PREPARATION
1) Cook bacon in the oven @ 350degrees until desired texture is achieved (I prefer chewy rather than crispy).
2) Cook hash browns accordingly (bake in oven or pan fry).
3) Chop fresh green peppers & slice red bell pepper.
4) Spray frying pan with non-stick spray or use butter, mix & pour eggs in and put on the stove @ medium heat.
5) Cook eggs until almost done, then add extra ingredients to one half of the eggs. Fold the other half over so the eggs are now in the shape of a half-circle with the ingredients inside.
6) Continue cooking for one minute or so, flip the omelette over and cook for one more additional minute.
WARNING: Do not over-cook the eggs or omelette! The drier it gets, the more bland tasting it becomes.
7) Put finished omelette on a plate, add sour cream & green onions on top as desired.
8) Eat with fork.

NOTE: The hash browns were intended to be a side dish but I dared to be creative and put them inside my omelette. While still enjoyable, I think they're better as a side dish.

NOTE 2: Normally I would put Cholula hot sauce on this kinda dish but I was too hungry and forgot. Tabasco could be used as well but should be applied in moderation as not to overpower the other flavors.
[Image: breakfast-32.png]

REVIEW
After two days of processed breakfasts I decided on a change of pace. I opt'ed for the custom omelette. Cooking time for the bacon is about 20 minutes, the hash browns about another 20 minutes, and the omelette itself about 6-8 minutes. As you can see, this breakfast was much more involved and time consuming. While pre-cooking the bacon I chopped the green onions, sliced the red bell pepper and watched a little tv. Once those items were ready, the rest went quickly. Altogether from start to full stomach took about an hour. Luckily I was successful in not using too much of any one ingredient so not to drown out any of the other flavors. The breakfast was both filling and satisfying.
[Image: breakfast-33.png]

FINAL THOUGHTS
While this breakfast was time consuming, the payoff was in the taste. Without question this breakfast was more satisfying than those from days 1 and 2. The breakfast is highly versatile and can be modified to your liking with any number of different ingredients and/or side dishes. If you need something quick, this is not an appropriate choice but if you have a little time to spend the end result will be worth it (assuming you don't botch it all up!).

Rating: ****
Well, it looks good but: Why are you cooking bacon in the oven? Pan fry the bacon, and use the bacon grease to flavor the eggs, I.E. cook the eggs in the bacon grease. It's really damn good that way:DThe rest looks good. Don't get me started on my breakfasts :P
I cooked the bacon in the oven cuz it comes out chewier that way. However, I too have used bacon grease to cook things in. For example, hash browns! Eggs too. Greasy as hell but damn it tastes good! B)
Looks tasty, I'd eat that:)
Yes, minus the bacon. It looks tasty :)
yes sir!
Spitfire!,Aug 16 2006, 05:03 PM Wrote:Yes, minus the bacon. It looks tasty :)
Damn vegetarians. <_<
:o
Damn dum3z <_<:P
who gives a shit if its greasy! It's the taste that matters! :D
*pokes at Sv* Are u reading? o.O she said she a vegetarian, bacon = meat! >.>
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's