Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I admit it now I'm a noob when it comes to this topic. I have a wireless internet router from netgear and a remote from netgear. I have a computer in the basement and in my room and I'm trying to hook one up to my dsl box and route to the other. Tried both combinations and I couldn't get it to work. Help me please.
A remote from netgear? What's that?

I have a wi-fi box in my home too...I think Sv does networking stuff also
i have an idea

WIRES!
Im a fan of less computers
wires cant be done too much wiring to run.
buy 500ft at homedepot for like 20$ then make your own
coca,Nov 30 2004, 07:31 PM Wrote:A remote from netgear? What's that?

I have a wi-fi box in my home too...I think Sv does networking stuff also
You're right... B)

Ok, you want your Router to connect directly to your dsl modem. Then you want all of your computers to plug into the router. That's the exact setup I have here, and look! im on the internet! with uh.....4 other computers at the same time! Just plug the CAT5 cable from your modem into your router. Then the wireless should work.

*EDIT* CAT5 = your ethernet cable.
hmm i gave up on my wireless connection and just ran some cable through my house:P...and sv your mean you locked the other topic:(:P
Krayz,Nov 30 2004, 09:27 PM Wrote:hmm i gave up on my wireless connection and just ran some cable through my house:P...and sv your mean you locked the other topic:(:P
That he did. The evil loser.
sv Wrote:Ok, you want your Router to connect directly to your dsl modem. Then you want all of your computers to plug into the router.
isn't that what the point of a router is? :blink:
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's