Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: I need your help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For my final in my humanities class I have to make a "work of art". I chose to do a sound piece since "sound" isn't exactly music. My teacher thinks that I need some kind of melody to overlap it.

So my question is does anybody know of a computer program that can artificially create the sound of an instrument since no one seems to have the time or will power to help me.
idk if this is what you mean, but what first came to my mind was either

http://www.acidplanet.com/

or

http://flstudio.image-line.com/
BALL knows A LOT about this stuff, send him a PM or hope that he sees this, or come in irc. I'll tell him about it.
Google vsti and synth.
i like jeskola buzz, its free and legal. might be hard to learn how to do it though plus sometimes its tuff to setup. dunno exactly what you wanna dpo. most of the synths for it its hard to make em sound like real instruments though. theres a decent free vsti plugin called crystal that has samples of strings and other instruments that are ok. otherwise you could just use ur computers built in midi and use any midi program, but that doesn't sound too good usualy
oh theres also a vsti sampler that came in one issue of computer music called ds101 or summat that came with some ok sample sets for piano, bass, guitar, organ and other various instruments...... dunno if you can get it on the internet though
fruity loops?
You can synthesize a lot of instruments and with todays advancements in vsti's + cpu + ram, you can do realistic modeling & sound shaping.

Honestly, I think this project sounds a little lame and if the teacher is recommending you start adding things like a melody then yes, your "art" becomes music and thus is not what you said you wanted to do. You're the only person who should be directing your creativity.

You know what, I'll just stop this post here so I don't unintentionally discourage you from expressing yourself through sound. Besides, I may not be the best person to comment on this since I've worked in the music business nearly half my life and am extremely critical when it comes to anything audio related.
alright thanks guys for the help. and to be honest I'm really worried about "being an artist", I just want to get this damned thing done already. I appreciate the help
Graff,May 20 2009, 08:39 PM Wrote:alright thanks guys for the help. and to be honest I'm really worried about "being an artist", I just want to get this damned thing done already. I appreciate the help
I would say Reason 4 or FL Studio

Reason 4 has a lottttt of built in instruments but I don't think it supports VSTi
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's