Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the Windows 7 beta. Anyone else using it here? Here's the system I installed it on:

Dual Core Athlon 2.4 ghz (939 socket)
1 GB DDR ram
BFG Tech 7600GT GPU
160 GB Seagate SATA

Thoughts:
Surprised at how well it ran on my system, considering it's pretty old.
Initial setup took a while, although the later install went quickly.
It detected my hardware and installed the drivers (except for sound).
Memory management is a little better than with Vista, could be better. ATM I am using 533 mb of ram with just IE8 open.

Overall, it surprised me at how polished it is. I haven't used Vista much before so I don't really have any previous OS to base it on other than XP.

Any of you guys have thoughts about it?
I just installed it too, but i havent had a chance to even really do anything. Planning on messing around with it in a bit

specs:
core2duo 1.33ghz
1gb ddr
7200gt geforce go

I heard its much faster than vista, but i havent had any experience with vista so i wouldnt know haha. I just wanted to try this out
Runs super smooth here

Screenshot
Is Windows 7 better at managing/using multi-core processors?
G3n0C1D3,Jan 13 2009, 09:03 PM Wrote:Is Windows 7 better at managing/using multi-core processors?
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But it's beta, not suitable for everyday use yet
I'm thinking of picking up a cheapo HD and dualbooting just to see how it is. I need to get a new HD anyhow, so hmm.
COCA ADD ME ON MSN LOL
Ah man...for games and shit I'd try the beta, but I'm holding out for the finished product. Shit's going to be intense...
Reference URL's