Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Left 4 Dead demo opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont know how many of you preordered it (I saw Jess did) but I did and played the demo today.

Gameplay- great potential, killing zombies is really satisfying, it seems a little easy on any difficulty other than expert, but the co-op and versus gameplay looks to be really addicting. The demo is a little short and is the early part of the first campaign, which is an urban one. Its hard to say if the outdoor maps will be less linear, but in the 2 maps (2 of 5 for 1 of 4 campaigns) only have a few alternate paths. The director REALLY does change around what happens, and you could get swarmed at any time each play through. Zombies seem to take too much to aggro, when they arent in big swarms its easy to pick em off without attracting much attention.

Tech- looks like Episode 2 really, but with tons more models on screen. None of the slow down from the swarms that I expected, and the updated ragdoll system has created enemies that react to bullets more realistically (or atleast convincingly) than any game Ive played before.

But the killing blow is that instead of the classic steam server list they implemented this garbage console style matchmaking service that is really restricting, confusing, and buggy. But the steam community is up in arms over at steamforums so Im thinking this will be fixed before release.

I can see myself suggesting L4D to everyone, since Valve has already released patches for the early demo Im thinking that the classic server list will return atleast as an option. And Im hoping more maps and weapons and such will be released by Valve like they are doing with TF2, which started with an underwhelming number of maps.
it doesnt look all that fun to me.
It's swwweettt, I played with some mates today. I love speaking on mic and shouting "FUCK THERE COMING!"

It's a great game if you want to play with mates.

Although takes 10 minutes to get a dedicated server...<_<
But i serpose it's not the full game..
wtf do you do? kill zombies?
There are 4 campagins each with 5 maps each map lasting 15 minutes or so.

Each map starts in a safe room where you grab weapons 'n ammo, and you try to make it to the next safehouse. The AI randomly spawns enemies and swarms and boss zombies to kill you (its suprisingly smart AI) And the zombies are weak, but really fast and are littered all over the map, and run around in hordes of like 40+

Its simple, elegant, yet addicting. Like all MPer Valve titles.

In the final version you can play versus with players taking control of the boss zombies when they spawn, I imagine thatll be the most played game type.
I'd rather play Fallout 3. :rolleyes:
agreed
Ooo fallout 3 is awesome, but i haven't found the great dog "dogmeat" yet. =[
hes in the scrapyard. and hes not that good my friend told me. he was glitched for me, he was attacking me nonstop and would just go unconscious and respawn and attack me again.
You can't kill everyone like the original Fallout, knid of sucks:(I tried killing some kids, it wouldn't let me >.> And it wouldn't let me kill the guards for the Citadel too:blink:
Awesome game though, about 2/3 done so far:D
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's