Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Please unban.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Meh, you're just plain dumb Plot.

The entertainment business is made up of these so called "thieves". If people did not use other people's ideas, there would be nothing. People use and reuse things already done because plain and simple, it works. Countless musicians do covers on songs because it was a great song, and people praise musicians when they sing it well. Movies have the same plot holes, follow the same path, and people still will go to the theaters knowing what will happen before they get there. Everything in the entrainment industry is recycled, but douche bags like you are too dimwitted to realize that and for some reason only blame comedians.

Yeah, Mencia does use some jokes that were done in the past. What he does is he takes their basic idea, and puts them into his own words and way and still makes them funny. Its called influences and the people he watched as he grew up. He's a comedian, his job is to make people laugh and it doesn't matter how he does it, but he does his job well. If you see him do his act and think "oh he must have stole that", then you just aren't worthy of watching any comedian do his act because you're missing the whole point in comedy. The jokes aren't what make the comedian funny, its how they sell the joke. Its the same way with musicians. Even though songs and jokes are the same, the way it is delivered is what makes them good.

People who bitch and moan about dumb crap like stealing jokes just make me wanna rant like this.
yeah i know that musicians do covers and things, and often i prefer to listen to the original song. its obvious that a cover is a cover, and musicians admit to it. but when carlos mencia blatantly takes jokes, and not just the idea of the joke, but pretty much just changes a couple sentences, that pisses me off, especially when he denies it while screaming his head off. he doesnt admit that he was influenced by anyone, and when confronted just denies ever hearing any of the jokes he rips off. that makes me mad. movies follow the same archetypes and models as do all stories, but when i see a movie that i know is just a complete ripoff i get mad as well. its not original when you just take something. if mencia were to make his jokes a different it would be ok... but he just flat out steals them.
Jamal,Aug 3 2008, 03:40 PM Wrote:"Brendon: damn he still talkin
hey hey u guys wanna know why black peoples hands are white?
because white people had real toys to play with when they were killed
me no racist"

Wow. That's my cue guys. Again I'm truly sorry for talking smack but what Brendon just said has changed my mind about a few assumptions I had about this server. I wish you all the best. Cheers,

Jamal
Shut up, darkeh
I've seen examples where people say he "stole" a few jokes. He tells the same joke in his own way. A comedians joke isn't just his words, its his actions as he is telling the joke. You can say he takes half of theirs and combines it with half of his, by telling the joke in his own way. Like I already said, a huge part of being a comedian is how you tell the joke. A good comedian can make something not funny, funny.

Yeah he uses the same words, but he does not deliver in the same way and to me that does change the joke greatly.
well i guess we disagree there, not that i claim to be an expert in this subject, as i dont watch much in the way of stand up comedy, but when i know of something that is taken like that, it usually pisses me off
i dont like carlos mencia (dont care if he steals jokes).

i dont like racism to strangers (even if youre around ur buddies)

i didnt read everything (im just posting cuz im on a computer)

k.
This post sucks penis I WANT A GODDAMN MILKSHAKE BITCH!!!
im sorry if i started an irrelavent war between plot and biggs

but i agree with biggs...its how you sell it that makes it funny and mencia is very good at that

and i want a milkshake too if that helps the situation at hand

BUT YOU CANT ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT UNLESS YOU STEAL IT
dunno about biggs, but i dont think thats a war, lol, i think we just have differing opinions, even if hes better at putting them into words
I like arguing and I'll do it with anyone for a little fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's