Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Trickery I say
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Geez, this was making me think wtf until Firefox told me that it was trying to steal mah personal informationzz. Mainly because I don't even have a Bank of America account so I'm just like how is this happening anyways.

Email 1

Dear Bank of America client,

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account from different locations.For security purpose, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your banking details.

The help speeed up to this process, please access the following link so we ca complete the verification of your Bank of America Online Banking Account registration information.

http://www.data-exchange.co.tz/boa/ssl/online/

If we do no receive the appropriate account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this Bank of America account is fraudulent and will be suspended.

The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your bank account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community. We appreciate your support and understanding and thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Email 2

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.

If this is not completed by September 14, 2007, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

To confirm your Online Banking records click on the following link:
http://cpe-76-87-129-217.socal.res.rr.com

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Bank of America Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

2007 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.

Anyways it's like trying to steal bank info so if you get one run away.:ph34r:
Biggs,Sep 13 2007, 07:22 PM Wrote:Geez, this was making me think wtf until Firefox told me that it was trying to steal mah personal informationzz. Mainly because I don't even have a Bank of America account so I'm just like how is this happening anyways.

Email 1

Dear Bank of America client,

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account from different locations.For security purpose, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your banking details.

The help speeed up to this process, please access the following link so we ca complete the verification of your Bank of America Online Banking Account registration information.

http://www.data-exchange.co.tz/boa/ssl/online/

If we do no receive the appropriate account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this Bank of America account is fraudulent and will be suspended.

The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your bank account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community. We appreciate your support and understanding and thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Email 2

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.

If this is not completed by September 14, 2007, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

To confirm your Online Banking records click on the following link:
http://cpe-76-87-129-217.socal.res.rr.com

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Bank of America Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

2007 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.

Anyways it's like trying to steal bank info so if you get one run away.:ph34r:
Got one the other day. URL went to a chinese domain host when I just typed in the domain. Wouldn't have fallen for it either way, I closed my BoA account over two years ago.
What's with the socal Roadrunner hostname? CAN'T THEY DO BETTER THAN THAT?
oh man might have got me im a real bank of america client :X
if there weren't so many typos i possibly would too (unless those were on purpose by biggs)
a hobbit,Sep 13 2007, 11:16 PM Wrote:if there weren't so many typos i possibly would too (unless those were on purpose by biggs)
Direct copy/paste I think.
Dum3z,Sep 13 2007, 11:55 PM Wrote:
a hobbit,Sep 13 2007, 11:16 PM Wrote:if there weren't so many typos i possibly would too (unless those were on purpose by biggs)
Direct copy/paste I think.
Yeah, like hell I'd type all that up.
no bank i use would ever send me this email

i mean, the links and typos are a dead giveaway... but even if everything was all fine and dandy id still call up to confirm...

i use arsenal credit union, bank of america, first community, and a few others, and they all say 'we wont ask you to confirm shit;'
They made alot of spelling mistakes tbh. its all lies.
Boeing Employee's Credit Union ftw bitches!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's