Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: AMD processors good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I personally dont like amd processors at all nd find them VERY sucky due to bad experience with one computer i had with an amd processor, i was wondering if it was just me or if everone has trouble with them
Super and I've never had one...

For me it's just like, if it works, it's cool. Pretty much the only way I'd tell the difference between an Intel system and an AMD system is by looking at the label:P
My file server and my HTPC both use AMD cpu's, and they work great.

For the record, both AMD and Intel are pretty even in terms of quality these days. And have been for some time.
Both reliable but I would go for Intel because I've had it since the beginning.
i used to have one nd it over heated like crazy, crashing everywhere nd freezing up :\ i had 2 return it nd get an intel <_<
The newer AMD's aren't bad with heat (socket 939 and AM2). Although Intel dual core (Core 2 Duo) is definitely better performance-wise due to a larger Level 2 cache and a better and more updated architecture. I have an AMD Athlon X2 processor overclocked to 2.4 GHz and it works great in single threaded applications and multi threaded ones. I've used older Intel's and they are reliable. AMD's old and new are too. It just depends on you opinion I guess, I would use Intel if I had one, I don't prefer a brand.
Dual Core all the way!
I like whichever is more powerful for the $200ish I'll spend on one.:P
Dum3z,Jul 3 2007, 10:07 PM Wrote:I like whichever is more powerful for the $200ish I'll spend on one.:P
Core 2 Duo is the best on the market right now performance-wise. It uses completely new architecture. Not to be confused with Core Duo which uses two P4 cores.
The Senate,Jul 4 2007, 08:47 AM Wrote:
Dum3z,Jul 3 2007, 10:07 PM Wrote:I like whichever is more powerful for the $200ish I'll spend on one.:P
Core 2 Duo is the best on the market right now performance-wise. It uses completely new architecture. Not to be confused with Core Duo which uses two P4 cores.
I have the E6700. <3
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's