Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: WCS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:I mean, how annoying would it be if every Windows user had a Windows related name, avatar, user title and signature?
There would be a lot of wasted web space. Linux needs its crazy fans to keep it going. It has to start somewhere.
TuX!TehLinuxPenguin!,Jun 24 2007, 03:09 PM Wrote:
Quote:I mean, how annoying would it be if every Windows user had a Windows related name, avatar, user title and signature?
There would be a lot of wasted web space. Linux needs its crazy fans to keep it going. It has to start somewhere.
Most of them are ignorant though. Too many people use Linux just for the image. If you ask them about the technical differences between Windows and Linux they probably can't tell you.

Many of the technical people that *actually* keep Linux going by writing Linux applications and working on the OS are also interested in how Windows and other operating systems work, rather than just adopting Linux for the "OMG, I REBEL AGAINST MAINSTREAM LOOK AT ME!" image.
You make an interesting point there. I really love using Linux, however, computers in general is what really gets me going. I DO happen to have a Windows partition on my drive and I must say, it's not a bad OS. It's good enough to make computers easy enough to use for everyday people, and that's just fine with me. I know that Linux will never be as mainstream as Windows (I don't think it was intended to be like that in the first place) because it was made for people that want something different.
Good reply, respect++;
Quote:Good reply, respect++;
Thanks.
No way in hell I would use linux for my desktop but my file server and htpc both run debian. B)
coca,Jun 24 2007, 02:07 PM Wrote:Good reply, respect++;
to do a barrel roll tap z or r twice

do i get points? T.T
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's