Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Steam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote]Account Administrator says:

Hello, this is Will from Steam Support.
lmao dont believe him. just say fuck you. if u get banned from steam o wells. thats wat i would do.

i mean steam wouldnt give a shit if your steam had been logged in from another IP, or else ppl who moved, or logged onto steam on another comp, or some other shit would be getting this msg. not only that no proper website would ask its users' for their username/password. *sigh*
a hobbit,May 22 2007, 02:19 AM Wrote:lmao dont believe him. just say fuck you. if u get banned from steam o wells. thats wat i would do.

i mean steam wouldnt give a shit if your steam had been logged in from another IP, or else ppl who moved, or logged onto steam on another comp, or some other shit would be getting this msg. not only that no proper website would ask its users' for their username/password. *sigh*
hrm thats strange, i always give it nd get new games installed each time, its pretty sweet
suxa,May 21 2007, 09:32 PM Wrote:
a hobbit,May 22 2007, 02:19 AM Wrote:lmao dont believe him. just say fuck you. if u get banned from steam o wells. thats wat i would do.

hrm thats strange, i always give it nd get new games installed each time, its pretty sweet
Steam says they would never ask for your username and/or password. It's a phishing attempt. Don't do it.
Sveach,May 21 2007, 10:02 PM Wrote:
suxa,May 21 2007, 09:32 PM Wrote:

Steam says they would never ask for your username and/or password. It's a phishing attempt. Don't do it.
Dude, give them an obviously fake password, then laugh to yourself at the thought of them trying it.:P
I just find it funny that people are that dumb to give their pass words out.:lol::lol:
you'd be suprised exactly how many are willing to do it to, pretty sad. social engineering ftw.
You get it so much more often when you have a leet omgwtfuber 5 digit steam ID.

Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.
cough
(used code because quotes dont work if there are 4+)

Code:
To: witebuddha@hotmail.com
Subject: Steam Database
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:30:37 0800

Dear Steam User,

This is to all users, which this applies. If you are receiving this Message then you MUST do the Following, as some of your account data may have been compromised.

In order to continue using Steam you must validate your account By replying to this message with the following details intact. You must include your account information in this format in the Message:

Username: (Your Steam Username)
EMail: (The email you registered your account to.)
Password: (The password you used to log in to your Steam account.)

Our database will be formatted soon, due to some damage caused by the storm in Seatle. We will need to record our active users and add them

To our database once again. When we receive your activation email we will add your port number, steam id, wan id, and CD key to our database.

You must validate your account within 10 days, Otherwise your account may be disabled. This is an Auto message to most Central user's.

Sorry for the unfortunate inconveince And Thank you for your cooperation,

www.steampowered.com

Steam Support.
Code:
Mitch MacDonald

Thank you for your email. I work as a project designer at Steam and the guys and I have been looking forward to finally getting one of these emails we've been receiving complaints about. Note that I will be reporting your email immediately whilst contacting your isp for your personal information.

Thank you for being the first of many to be prosecuted for these actions :)

witeBuddha
Code:
? ... my name isnt Mitch MacDonald...

:S :S :S how you know ?
Code:
Of course your name isn't Mitch MacDonald. I'd be personally upset if you were that easy to track down.

As a personal note, my division has caught 4 emails from fake steam employees since you. At the end of this week our legal department will be filing subpoenas with your ISP to give us your personal information.

In the coming weeks you will be arrested and we plan to take every action
the law accounts for.

We will also be pursuing you civily for damages, so while you might not see jail time, fines for fraud are easily in the $100,000 range for this offense.

I've talked it over with the rest of the staff, shown them your email and feel that you really aren't a repeat offender... maybe just a stupid kid
phishing for a free steamid account...

I am prepared to make you a counteroffer that has already been approved by Steam. If you provide us with your Steam username, Steam email
account, and Steam password, we will ban your account and NOT SUE OR PRESS CHARGES... as long as you agree to never abuse Steam or its customers again...

This is a one time offer and note that the Steam legal staff is much more
interested in going after you than we are.

We await your response.

Oalf Sveach (aka witeBuddha)
Steam
Code:
K sorry let me explain this to you. If i send you my account name and
password you wont charge me for anything like fraud or anything?

If I give you my account and pass you cannot:
Charge me for any sort of criminal offence.
Not sue me for any criminal offence.

? am i right
^^ just reinsuring myself and more than likly thinking of doing
this.
Code:
That was the agreement yes.

Sorry for not being more clear.
Code:
account name: Mitchyy
Password: I cant remember exactly try:COUNTERSTRIKE1.6//
counterstrike
// COUNTERSTRIKE//counterstrikeconditionzero//
I think it is one of those.
Sorry

he changed the password on me when his friends tipped me off... but still funny
piratebuddha,May 22 2007, 04:12 AM Wrote:cough
(used code because quotes dont work if there are 4+)

Code:
To: witebuddha@hotmail.com
Subject: Steam Database
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:30:37 0800

Dear Steam User,

This is to all users, which this applies. If you are receiving this Message then you MUST do the Following, as some of your account data may have been compromised.

In order to continue using Steam you must validate your account By replying to this message with the following details intact. You must include your account information in this format in the Message:

Username: (Your Steam Username)
EMail: (The email you registered your account to.)
Password: (The password you used to log in to your Steam account.)

Our database will be formatted soon, due to some damage caused by the storm in Seatle. We will need to record our active users and add them

To our database once again. When we receive your activation email we will add your port number, steam id, wan id, and CD key to our database.

You must validate your account within 10 days, Otherwise your account may be disabled. This is an Auto message to most Central user's.

Sorry for the unfortunate inconveince And Thank you for your cooperation,

www.steampowered.com

Steam Support.
Code:
Mitch MacDonald

Thank you for your email. I work as a project designer at Steam and the guys and I have been looking forward to finally getting one of these emails we've been receiving complaints about. Note that I will be reporting your email immediately whilst contacting your isp for your personal information.

Thank you for being the first of many to be prosecuted for these actions :)

witeBuddha
Code:
? ... my name isnt Mitch MacDonald...

:S :S :S how you know ?
Code:
Of course your name isn't Mitch MacDonald. I'd be personally upset if you were that easy to track down.

As a personal note, my division has caught 4 emails from fake steam employees since you. At the end of this week our legal department will be filing subpoenas with your ISP to give us your personal information.

In the coming weeks you will be arrested and we plan to take every action
the law accounts for.

We will also be pursuing you civily for damages, so while you might not see jail time, fines for fraud are easily in the $100,000 range for this offense.

I've talked it over with the rest of the staff, shown them your email and feel that you really aren't a repeat offender... maybe just a stupid kid
phishing for a free steamid account...

I am prepared to make you a counteroffer that has already been approved by Steam. If you provide us with your Steam username, Steam email
account, and Steam password, we will ban your account and NOT SUE OR PRESS CHARGES... as long as you agree to never abuse Steam or its customers again...

This is a one time offer and note that the Steam legal staff is much more
interested in going after you than we are.

We await your response.

Oalf Sveach (aka witeBuddha)
Steam
Code:
K sorry let me explain this to you. If i send you my account name and
password you wont charge me for anything like fraud or anything?

If I give you my account and pass you cannot:
Charge me for any sort of criminal offence.
Not sue me for any criminal offence.

? am i right
^^ just reinsuring myself and more than likly thinking of doing
this.
Code:
That was the agreement yes.

Sorry for not being more clear.
Code:
account name: Mitchyy
Password: I cant remember exactly try:COUNTERSTRIKE1.6//
counterstrike
// COUNTERSTRIKE//counterstrikeconditionzero//