Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: hmmm comp problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i just got home from school and my dad was like "when i woke up this morning your hard drive was going nuts, it sounded like it was at a 100% load" um but yea i went to turn it on and it isnt pretty it is either the RAM (mobo manual calls it DRAM) or the HDD or any of the 100 other things that computers like to scare you with, hopefully the HDD didnt crash i have too much stuff that i cant lose on it but i will try to get on the forums at school as much as possible but as far as steam and irc they are out till i figure out what is going on
If you're asking for help here.....you're not giving any good info:P
just get an ultimate boot disk thinggy...u can then check hdd nd ram nd othersuffs, i dont remember wut else though

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
linux
coca,May 15 2007, 03:38 PM Wrote:linux
agreed.
heh sv thats cause i dont have much info and second no i was not looking for help just saying i may not be around much
unix baby!
turns out the boot sector on the HDD was corrupter more than likely by a virus that was activated when i ran scan, and who wrote this virus i would greatly like to shake his/her hand cause it did a hellavu job very efficiently. I was able to save all data that i wanted/need to save and the drive will probably be formated within a day or two unless i can pull a miracle on that sector. still dont know how much data has been corupted so i dont know how much i will lose, i do know that if it targeted the WINDOWS directory i can lose as much as like 1.5 GB however if it just targeted the boot commands i will barely lose any, none the less some space will be lost in the format because DOS will neglect it as corupt and unusable
You can use fixboot or fixmbr on the drive to overwrite the bootsector, no need for a full format
coca,May 16 2007, 11:00 AM Wrote:You can use fixboot or fixmbr on the drive to overwrite the bootsector, no need for a full format
Yeah, fixmbr has saved my ass more than a few times back in the day...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's