Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im planning to make a website and all...but I wanna test and make a site offline 1st in my computer. Anyone know wat program to use?
Holy sheit forums are back.

Rae, it depends....are you just doing HTML? Or are you doing anything with php, etc.

If it's just HTML (static content, nothing dynamically changes), you can just create the page, and point your browser to it. Example: Create an html page, put it in the root of the c: drive as test.htm. Open IE or FF and type in C:\test.htm. Voila, there's your webpage.

If you are doing php, or asp.net, etc then you'll need a webserver. Win XP has a built in one called IIS. It's not the most secure...but it'll be fine for you.

If you're asking about what software to use to create the website...I use notepad. You can use Frontpage if you want (ugh....shoot me.) or dreamweaver, etc.

Any questions, you know where to find me.
the forums isnt fully bak tho...ok thnx....anyone know were I can find the post were dt talks about the graphics and etc of the site?
http://www.wroaw.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1739

Here ya go. What a pain in the ass it was to find that:D
thnx sv <3
i recommend putting this on it

http://leonidasunstoppable.ytmnd.com/
I never thought I'd be saying this as notepad evangelist, but for learning purposes Dreamweaver ain't bad. It has this "code mode" where you can view the codes of stuff you just added. Even though Dreamweaver spits out ugly code, the fundament of HTML will be the same.
DutchTiger,Mar 26 2007, 07:38 PM Wrote:I never thought I'd be saying this as notepad evangelist, but for learning purposes Dreamweaver ain't bad. It has this "code mode" where you can view the codes of stuff you just added. Even though Dreamweaver spits out ugly code, the fundament of HTML will be the same.
I agree, and it makes your code look pretty:)
coca,Mar 26 2007, 10:58 PM Wrote:
DutchTiger,Mar 26 2007, 07:38 PM Wrote:I never thought I'd be saying this as notepad evangelist, but for learning purposes Dreamweaver ain't bad. It has this "code mode" where you can view the codes of stuff you just added. Even though Dreamweaver spits out ugly code, the fundament of HTML will be the same.
I agree, and it makes your code look pretty:)
ditto, i used dreamweaver in college... easy to use.
I liked dreamweaver in HS, was a lot of fun to dick around in, that fireworks and something else we used. But its definately good for learning.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's