Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: phpBB noob here >.<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i want to make a forum or a website or something, and i want to use phpBB, which ive downloaded from the site. i was wondering if anyone could give me a brief rundown of it? do i need to find my own webhost to put it on? i havent opened it or checked it out yet so i have no real idea of it now. >.< also how customizable is it?
Ya you need your own host, and it is very customizable, you can have custom skins and stuff!
You don't have to rent webhosting, you could just run it from your computer.
yah i might just host from a comp. is phpbb hard to use and make a simple website/forums from it?
a hobbit,Feb 7 2007, 02:19 AM Wrote:yah i might just host from a comp. is phpbb hard to use and make a simple website/forums from it?
It's extremely easy to use.
If you're going to use your own computer as the host, you'll need a server like Apache or, HEAVEN FORBID, IIS.

Sv managed to set up Apache with the PHP module I think. How he do dat?!?!
coca,Feb 7 2007, 10:21 AM Wrote:If you're going to use your own computer as the host, you'll need a server like Apache or, HEAVEN FORBID, IIS.

Sv managed to set up Apache with the PHP module I think. How he do dat?!?!
Uh....apache with php is easy. I've also done IIS with apache as well. I've also done IIS with .net support which is easy.....and I halfway got apache working with .net support...but it was very fawked up, not usable in a production environment at all.
Reference URL's