Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Children copying Hussein's death.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:A Moroccan man returned home to find his 11-year-old son hanging dead from the ceiling, a newspaper said on Thursday, the latest victim of a macabre game in which children mimic the death of Saddam Hussein.

The boy decided to copy the former Iraq leader's execution while playing with his younger sister at their home in Khemisset, 80 kilometers (50 miles) east of the capital of Rabat, newspaper Al Ahdat al-Maghrebia reported.

"The girl then went to school and left her brother playing his deadly game," it said, adding that local officials had opened an inquiry into the death.

Saddam's execution on December 30 came as families gathered for the religious feast of Eid al-Adha and the images of the former Iraqi leader on the gallows shown repeatedly on Arabic news channels spurred indignation among his fellow Sunni Muslims.
Boy latest of children who copied hanging

Since then, several stories have emerged of children dying or being injured after being captivated by the manner of Hussein's death or by family conversations about the execution.

One 12-year-old Saudi boy died after using a chair and a metal wire to hang himself from a door frame, while another in Algeria was found hanging from a tree, papers reported.

Two boys in different regions of Azerbaijan hanged themselves at the weekend and may have been influenced by Hussein's execution, a security source in the country said.

The death of a 15-year-old boy last week in the Moroccan coastal city of Casablanca was also suspected of being the result of another re-enactment.
Fears that children too affected by violence in TV news

The deaths have led many to question the television coverage of the graphic violence in Iraq and the Palestinian territories and the influence on children across the region.

"What have children to do with this kind of thing? They should be playing, painting or reading," said Moroccan sociologist Youssef Sadik.

"It is a characteristic of the Muslim world that we have an over-politicized society. Everyone's into politics, discussing events in Palestine and Iraq and hooked on Al-Jazeera."

The manner of Husein's execution at the hands of a U.S.-backed government led by Iraq's Shiite Arab majority led many people in predominantly Sunni Muslim North Africa to momentarily forget his past record.

Many were impressed by his dignity on the gallows in the face of insults hurled at him in his final moments and some praised him as a hero.

That clearly had a powerful effect on younger minds, said Sadik.

"Children in Morocco are under pressure from an early age to try to be heroes themselves, to be the ones who succeeded where others around them did not," he said.
From (Here)
Natural selection works in the most obscure ways!

*GOES TO SLEEP*
Kyle,Jan 21 2007, 11:24 PM Wrote:
Quote:"Children in Morocco are under pressure from an early age to try to be heroes themselves, to be the ones who succeeded where others around them did not," he said.
Yeah, he succeeded at getting his neck broken by a rope. Grats2him.
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/

Did I see natural selection somewhere around here?
Biggs,Jan 22 2007, 06:21 AM Wrote:http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/

natural selection, like darwinism style. Deer that walks in the road doesnt go on to produce more deer:D
I'm confused on what the issue is?
Biggs,Jan 22 2007, 06:21 AM Wrote:http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/

is natural selection like doom3?
No, Natural Selection is actually awesome. It doesn't give you nightmares either.
i tried playing it and had no idea wtf was going on so i quit
I still have yet to read the first post.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's